red faced

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brie, Oct 20, 2005.

1. brie

brie New Member

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.I have CHF/FM and of course have had many problems but never this. I am very pale since I've been sick.Now I just developed a reddening of my skin on my cheeks and nose. It doesnt go away and has been there for about 2 weeks now. It is also warm to the touch. Any input is appreciated..........Brie
  2. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that comes and goes and is often mistaken for acne. It can cause red patches, lines, and small pimples on the face, as well as burning and irritation in the eyes and eyelids. If treated early, the flare-ups may be minor and controlled fairly well with medication and lifestyle changes. Left untreated, rosacea can progress and eventually cause larger, disfiguring bumps on the nose and face and serious eye problems.

Fair-skinned people between the ages of 30 and 60 are most likely to develop rosacea. Fewer men than women have rosacea, but men usually have more severe symptoms.

What causes rosacea?

The exact cause of rosacea is unknown. One theory is that it may be the result of highly reactive blood vessels combined with inflammation and infection. Because rosacea causes increased warmth in the skin, bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) might be encouraged to grow, causing the pimples and bumps. Tiny mites (Demodex folliculorum) that normally live on our skin may also play a role: People with rosacea have more of these mites on their faces than those who don't have the disease.

Flare-ups of rosacea are caused by triggers that stimulate the blood vessels in the face to dilate, which causes facial flushing. Common triggers are sun, exercise, hot weather, emotional stress, spicy foods, alcohol, and hot baths.
  3. heavenlyanimals

heavenlyanimals New Member

i posted on this a few days ago about the red face. i was told i had rocsia, but that is not what is going on with my face now. it to like yours will get real red ,warm and then it may last for a while then it may go away in a little while. i have cked to see if i have a fever cuz it feels warm to the touch ,but i don't.the other night when i spent the evening in the er you should have seen me. it looked like you had dipped me in red paint and real blotchy. i just figure it is this fibro . i get to go the reumatologist the 3rd of nov ,so i can not wait to talk to him. if he tells me this is from fibro i will let you know . good luck and prays to you. collette