Red Hot and Burning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Nov 29, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I have been experiencing alot of pain in my feet. Here lately if I'm on my feet they get extremely hot and burn. My toes turn red. The other day I experienced this in my right hand. The palm of my had turned blood red. The back of my hand was also blood red from my fingers to the knuckles. My had was also hot and burning. I had to hold a piece of ice in my had for relief. I have also experienced my face flushing, getting hot and feeling like my eyes were on fire. Has anyone else experience anything like this? I was suppose to have a dr. appointment last week but I had to cancel it until after the holidays seeing how I'm not able to work. All responses are much appreciated. Thanks
    Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I have been experiencing alot of pain in my feet. Here lately if I'm on my feet they get extremely hot and burn. My toes turn red. The other day I experienced this in my right hand. The palm of my had turned blood red. The back of my hand was also blood red from my fingers to the knuckles. My had was also hot and burning. I had to hold a piece of ice in my had for relief. I have also experienced my face flushing, getting hot and feeling like my eyes were on fire. Has anyone else experience anything like this? I was suppose to have a dr. appointment last week but I had to cancel it until after the holidays seeing how I'm not able to work. All responses are much appreciated. Thanks
    Crissie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have been through so much of the red and burning skin stuff that I truly feel for you.
    Lok up "dysautonomia" in a websearch and you should find lots of info on this and other horrors that can happen when your autonomic nervous system (ANS) starts misfiring.
    It's awful when it's your feet because then you can't wear shoes and have to hobble around in socks, or at least I do. I get it on my face the most though.
    Also, read the top article on the front page of this site for general info on autonomic malfunctioning. You did not say which dx you have, but if it is FMS, that's probably what it is.
    In my case, I found that avoiding too much acidic food helps some. I also needed medicine to lower my blood pressure which was going up and down crazily (another ANS malfunction). Both of those things have drastically cut down the amt. of redness and buring I have.
    If you go to the doctor on this one, be sure it is a doc who knows FMS really well, so they know that dysautonomia is part of the illness.
    As far as how to treat it, I favor ice packs myself. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Klutzo
  4. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

If I move around very much, my hands and feet get burning hot like they have fever in them. My fingers swell and so do my toes and the only relief I find is putting something cold on them. I have CFS and at first my doc thought it might me Renaud's Disease, but my hands don't get blue with cold...just the opposite! I have two grown daughters and a 4 year old granddaughter that have the same problem! My youngest daughter also gets hot knees and they turn blood red...what do you guys think it is? It sometimes makes me sick to my stomach!

#1Writer
  5. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system is very much a part of Fibro (and M.E.) and can account for all the symptoms you describe. It also controls gut function, sweating, urinary frequency etc, so if it's out of whack, your whole body is affected. The symptoms should hopefully be transient in most cases.

--Marcus
  6. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

There is a condition called Erythromelalgia that I found when looking for answers regarding hot hands and feet. It doesn't go into long time cures...just shortterm help...check out on medical web-sites and see what you find...it also doesn't mention flushed face, which I have, too and I have rosasea...ears flush also. Hope this is helpful.

#1Writer
  7. san

san New Member

Weds night i got this hot burning feeling on my face shoulders, arms stomach a little on legs too! I'ts Fri morning and i'm still feeling it sometimes more intense, also my skin is very sensitive to air and sun. I also have fibromyalgia is this a new symptom i have to deal with? How long can this burning last Any body else have this Help!