Red Patch On My Face will not go away! Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Jan 27, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Friends-

I have this red patch on my face that appeared about two months ago that I was calling a fever blister but it is not one. It is a red circle that is raised just a bit. It is not ring worm. In fact, I had my LLMD physician's assistant look at it and she said she was not sure what it was but just to try some Hydrocortisone on it. I have tried that for a week and it is still there just as plain as day. It doesn't hurt or it. It is just really ugly!! Does anyone know what this is or have had one? What helps? Unfortunately, makeup doesn't cover it up very well.

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have one by my eye it has tiny little blood capaillaries my docotor said it was from sun...i need to get ti lasered off

jodie
  3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks Jodiesplace! Mine is like a sore so I don't think it can be burned off.
  4. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

Hope my favourite saying "when in doubt check it out "
    I have a lot of sun spots so I get them checked all the time have had some removed and sent away to be checked so far bad skin damage no skin cancer I live in Australia so need to be careful I think you should see your dr goodluck
    Linda
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Discoid lupus. Sounds a lot like one DH had removed. I have a sore patch on the corner of my mouth that refuses to heal as when I smile it cracks again. Keeps coming back over two years and all checks say, it is a little yeasty spot. If anyone has ideas on this one too, as I was thinking yours could be yeasty spot also, just in different place.
    Anne

BTW How ARE you doing girlfriend! Give updates on the treatment.
  6. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

really..........
    i have that little red dot on my cheek, it never goes away, but it does fade as long as i use aveeno calming face lotion. I wash my face with noxema, then do the sylic acid noxema toner, then use the aveeno, but i use aveeno at least once everyday! no matter if i'm going anywhere! Under makeup is important!

I then started using the neutragenia microderm abrasion, no one has the magic answer but i did try myself to search for the same Q? had no idea, found out this works for me, my skin is sensitive also. If it helps you "post me", if not im sorry.

But i do know i can't pick at that little spot, and no one has EVER given me answers to it! So best of luck 2 U!!

SAPH
  7. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

more info if you google it
  8. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks for all of your information.

Cromwell I am taking it day by day. I don't know if you know it or not but I am starting IV tretment for Lyme disease this week. I sure don't hope I have CFID's Lyme & Lupus. It is probably just a red patch.

How are you doing?
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

If this just appeared 2 months ago, it probably is not lupus. However, I think you should have it checked out by a dermatologist--somebody who is qualified in skin matters and should know what it is and how to properly treat it.

You could always be doing it more harm than good by treating it with the wrong meds.

Janet
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

got them to agree to the Lyme treatment. The discoid lupus is a different sort of lupus(though related) to the other Lupus. I think of you often and all you are going through. Did you get the all clear before starting the intravenous meds? Will you keep us posted on how you go on with the treatment?

Much Love Anne

[ advertisement ]