Red Rash under Chin that won't go away. Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I thought about posting this on the other board, thought I'd come to all of you, first!

For a month, I've this small rash (it's like a line of bumps) on my neck, that end's up right under my chin. There is an englarged lymph node at the point where the rash ends.

My Fibro/CF has been kicking up, which I attributed to node. This rash is very itchy. I scratch around the side's of it. It hasn't healed, the 'itchiness' still remain's as well as the rash.

I know I need to go to GP, but wanted to know if anyone has any guesses, had something similar, etc.?

If you have any input, please feel free to do so!

Have a good day!

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Kim,

I first thought of an allergy of some some hives, but don't know. Have you tried any cortizone cream to see if that helps the itching? How about an antihitimine to see if they go away?

Just my first thought. The itching sure sounds like allergies to me.

Bummer you've got this. Hope you get someone who knows about it. I know that I have had hives that lasted for months, but they went away periodically and then returned.

So, that's my suggestion.

3. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I'm not quited sure about "location". I think lymph node in neck would drain toward body. Probably some sort of infection. Either the infection starts in lymph node and goes toward body, or an infection starts elsewhere and is stopped by the lymph node.

I guess trying really hotpacks, like with a boil, might be something to try. If starts getting worse.....then definitely time to visit clinic.

Guess that in the olden days, before antibiotics, an infection could make a red line along the vessel that was spreading the infection. Maybe called "blood poisoning", and often resulted in death.

Could luck with solving this "mystery" disease.
    Your mr Bill

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for the input, friends!

It looks and feel's like Shingles. They are raised, and very little. I do believe I'd have it else where, and be in pain, if it was. Ahhh, called the doctor and then cancelled appointment. I'm going to keep on the calamine lotion and hydrocortosine cream and see how it goes!

Likely, the node is probably enlarged due to my CF kicking in.

Thank's to you all! You are the best!

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Fast! Don't ever say Shingles! It's bad luck, I'm sure!

I agree with would have them other places and hurt. Are the creams helping? Have you thought about a Benedryl?

Anyway, keep us posted.

And don't let that word slip out again!