Red Swollen Eyelids - What is it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has developed red swollen eyelids - especially swollen near the inside (nearest nose). I look like I am wearing burgundy eyeshadow or dark red - aweful and feels weird too...

Love to hear what to do and what not to do - cold or hot compresses or none. I just don't know...

Thanks and God Bless,

2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I get it from pollen but I also get that from makeup. Took me 4 tries to find makeup that did not do this.
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I dunno, but I have had them since I got sick. I look like a racoon and it kind of hurts too. I had a nasal swab come back "normal" and diflucan didn't effect it. I thought it was a sinus infection at first. Maybe I didn't do the right treatment? I guess it could be allergies... I dunnoo..
  4. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

i have blepharitis and it's just like you described, i have to wash my eye lids with baby shampoo everyday. the doctor told me that i will always have it, but sometimes it's better than others. try running a wash cloth under hot water and pressing it against your eye lids, they told me to do that also.

i hope this helps you, feel better

5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i had just one swollen eye lid it was cellulitis i dont know about both though
  6. jami117

jami117 New Member

but I used to have frequent problems with that. My eyelids would also itch and hurt, and sometimes peel. I found using over the counter Cortizone on my eyelids would fix the problem in a couple of days.

Since it involves you eye, you should probably ask your doctor if there's any danger in using cortizone there if you decide to try this.

I hope you find something to help you real soon.

Gentle hugs,