RED WILLOW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Nov 19, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hello fellow Cannuck. Where in Ont. are you from? I live outside Toronto. I know of rhuematologists in Newmarket,( the top in Ontario), Brampton, and Mississauga. Let me know if that helps.
    Cath
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Cath

Thanks for the nice hello! Yes I know where Newmarket is. My husbands brother lives there. What is the name of the rheumy you see in Newmarket?

I am East of Peterborough. I saw a Rheumy in Peterborough who diagnosed me in 2002 but wouldn't accept me as a patient as her practice was full so I have to drive to Kingston to see another Rheumy.

I really appreciate you thinking of me though and it is nice to chat with another Canuck. See I have my toque on my emoticon! LOL

hugs Redwillow

3. caffey

caffey New Member

My neice also has jra. She is still seeing and I also saw Dr. Thorne. He is out of the NewMarket Hospital. They have a big facility in the Upper Canada Mall. He is the top in Ont. My sister got me into see him. He is excellent and very thorough. You will need a referral from one of your docs. They can look up his phone number. The only thing to warn you is that when they call you for an appt. there will actually be 2 separate appts. The first was with I think the physio who talks to you and orders the b/w and any xrays. Then on the second visit you will see him. They will also try and get you to enroll in their arthritis program. I told them it was too far for me to come. I just remembered one of the physio assists I see used to work for him I will try and get his number for you or anybody else there. I won't be able to get it until Tues. or Thurs. and then I will put out a new post for you. My current rheumy is in Brampton. She is really hard to get into but she is excellent. Take care. Talk later in the week.
    Cath