RED WILLOW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Nov 23, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you. I am still trying to find the phone number for Dr. Thorne. Hopefully I will find it soon.
    Cath
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Caffey

It is good to hear from you again. I hope you are having a good day.

As for the Doctor's number that is ok. I don't think I could make it to all the way there for a doctor's appointment. Too much traffic for me.

Write me a note and tell me what it going on in your life.

hugs Redwillow
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there: NewMarket as you know is an awful place to get around especially Davis Dr. It seems to take forever coming off the 400.
    Up to 4 years ago I was a type A always on the go. I went to India in 2001 and 6 months later I had a bad tooth infection. Long story short, 6 months later I developed joint pains. I was diagnosed with ra. I was doing community nursing. 3 years ago I was getting out of the car coming home from work when I herniated the disc in my back. It left me with numbness in my lt. leg and neuropathy in both feet. I have had several health crisis and just about died a couple of times in the past 2 years. A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with fm. App. it is one of the complications of ra. I have been unable to work for the past 2 years. I live in a condo with my kitty. She is queen of the castle.I have never had a cat like her. I had a heart attack last winter and had to call 911. She absolutley freaks out every time they now arrive at my building. I have never seen anything like it. I have a 29 son who is in business management. He doesn't want a girlfriend because he says they are too high maintenance ( translation- he is too hymie to spend the money on one)lol. Last year he graduated with high honors in business management from UofT. He did this while I was on a ventilator. Don't know how he did it. My life seems to be consumed wtih going to physio, the pharmacy, ( my second home)lol and doctors appts. My health has never been stable for more than an hr. lol. I walk with a walker so it makes it a challenge to get around. I am also a Pastor but not in the traditional sense. I act as an advisor or mentor or whatever word you want to use to other pastors or people who are involved in the church. I help them to get organized in what they want to do. They have great ideas but they don't know how to go about doing it so I guide them in it. In many ways it is like starting a business. I hate anything that is religious or unrealistic. I really enjoy these boards. It is like a family. There are some really wonderful people on this board. I am bored out of my gourd. I want to get back to work but my physio won't let me and my employer won't let me because of the drugs I am on. As you know there is only so much tv you can watch. I like to read but my concentration sucks. I read 100 pages of a John Grisham novel in the doctors office and when I got home I couldn't remember a thing. I used to knit a lot but my hands are bad and I can't do it. It is weird how these dd seem to hit such active type a people. I still have not accepted these dd. Being new to fm and reading this board, I feel like my struggles are nothing compared to how some of you suffer. I think the positive side is the stigma with fm has come a long way in the past come a long way in the past few years. Did I answer your question? Is there anything else you want to know? How is your life? My ex-husband's family come from Buckhorn and Ennismore and Peterborough. It is such pretty country. I really like Buckhorn even if you blink you might miss it. Haven't been that way in ages.
    So let me know how you are doing. It is nice to talk to a fellow Cannuck. Have you talked to Pepper? She is from Ottawa. Bandwoman lives outside Chicago and we now have her saying eh. I think she wants us to adopt her. Take care. Keep in touch. Looking forward to hearing about your life and adventures.
    Cath
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hello Cathy

Sorry it too a while for me to get back to you. I always write Redwillow with no spaces so your posts weren't coming up when I did a search for my name! Good thing I saw my name in the list of posts!

What a nice letter. You have gone through a awful lot in the last few years. I am so pleased for you that you have a good doctor in your corner.

The first couple of years when I left my job and was trying to find out what was wrong with me it seemed like I was always at the doctor's office. I got very frustrated with the whole situation and now don't go unless I need prescriptions filled or my yearly appointment with my rheumatolist.

I live in the country on 10 acres of land. I love the trees, my perennial flower gardens, our pond, the birds and the quiet. My only company during the week is my 2 labs (see their photo in my profile).

My husband and I have been married for 29 years and I am lucky that he is so supportive. I worry that he will wear himself out as he works long hours to keep the family afloat!

Our daughter is 24 and just finished her teaching certificate. She has lived in Australia the last 11 months and did her last year of university there. She arrives home the beginning of December and we are looking forward to picking her up at the airport soon.

Our son is 19 and in college. He is taking business -production management. He also plays junior hockey so that keeps him very busy. He lives at home and has a busy social life often only coming home to fall into bed in the wee hours.

I know what you mean about feeling bored out of your gourd. I love people and yet when I am around them I quickly become mentally exhausted. I have problems with sensory overload. Bright lights, noise, smells are like an assault to my system. I also have a lot of migraines.

I laughed when you asked if you had answered all my questions. I am not sure that is possible as my therapist would say I have an enquiring mind! Which is a nice way to say I like to talk a lot, LOL!

We live east of Peterborough near a small town called Havelock. A lot of people come to Havelock every August for a week long event called the Havelock Country Music Jamboree. That has really put Havelock on the map.

Yes this area is really beautiful. We have a lot of lakes and a busy tourist season in the summer time.

hugs Redwillow