Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Being the extremely (NOT) coordinated person I am, I spilled the above on my light khaki shorts.

I pre-spotted, a lot, and washed in cold water after reading online instructions. It is much lighter, but still noticeable.

After going through the wash, I saw the stain and used more Shout. Not much difference. Unfortunately, they did run through the dryer for a short period of time.

Does anyone have suggestions? At this point, nothing can hurt! LOL I would so appreciate your help!

Of course, end of season... no shorts, in my size to be found! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Use Oxy Clean or some other oxygen product. I know from experience that it works!

I usually treat before washing, so I hope it still works if the stain is already set.

I always have some on hand for my clumsy moments.
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

stainout....used it and it worked...exbf spilled red wine on my comforter and carpet one night...i sprayed oxyclean for carpets on both and it took it right out. as well...

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I really appreciate your help! Hopefully, one of those products might take more of the stain out!

Thanks again!

5. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

For carpets, a pile of salt will absorb and draw out red wine stains. Hydrogen peroxide may work also. Hydrogen peroxide works great on blood stains. Good luck, mr Bill
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hope you got the stain out! Too late in the season for new shorts...

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Those are great ideas for next time! LOL I'm still going to try any/all suggestions.. what to I have to lose at this point? LOL