Redness and Warmth in Joints

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Heirloom, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Heirloom

Heirloom New Member

On occasion, it seems that some of my joints are slightly inflammed. Both of my knees and both of my elbows, in the areas just above the joints, become painful, with redness, warmth, and mild swelling. Each morning when I wake up, my fingers are stiff, and this same stiffness flares when I work with my hands. Also, the area just below my index finger on the palm side of my left hand stays swollen most of the time.

My rheumy totally ingnores me and attributes these symptoms to fibro because all my blood tests have always been negative. My pcp is suspicious of arthritis but is reluctant to do anything or diagnose me because of my rheumy's opinion.

I don't know what to believe. Does anyone else with fibro have these symptoms also? I'm confused and would appreciate various thoughts on this matter. Thank you.

Heirloom
  2. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

I HAVE RA AND THATS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME MY BLOOD WORK IS STLL GOOD I HAVE SERONEGITIVE RA I HAVE EROSION IN MY FOOT SO THEY KNOW YOU COULD TEST POSITIVE LATER. MISSY
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I know this may be a long shot, but someone suggest I look up RSD...Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. My mother told me that Paula Abdul suffers from it. They say there are temp changes in areas. I dont remember a whole lot about it, but if you google RSD, you will get a ton of websites. Im sorry I couldnt be of more help to you, but when I noticed you mentioned that your joints are warm, RSD popped into my head for some reason. Hope this helps a little.

Take Care,
    Stephanie