Redness in eye? Dr. doing tests. FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Sep 27, 2005.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

My sister, who also has FMS, has had an eye with a blood pattern in it. The dr was treating her for a viral infection, saying with FMS, it is part of it. Now, he says it is not a viral infection and is running tests. Has anyone else experienced this? They are still running with the idea it is part of FMS. I told her I would post this for her.
  2. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I have been fortunate to have the opposite. When I lay down, my eyes will tear and I can wear contacts.
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Tearing can actually be a symptom of dry eyes....you mention contacts...there is a chance that the tearing whilst wearing contacts is due to dry eye irritation..even if you don't feel pain. My Ophthalmologist told me this.

Shelbo
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Kellygirl:

Redness and dry eyes are so bothersome. My Oftamologist says it could be part of the FM. I have to constantly put eye drops in both eyes to get the red out and to lubricate them.

Tell your sis she is not alone. There are many of us with this problem.

Hope she gets relief real soon.

Hugs,
    Francey
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

The dry eyes may be caused by having Sjogrens Syndrome. It is common with people with autoimmune diseases.

Sjogrens caused dry eyes and dry mouth.

Your eyes will be red if they are too dry. Being too dry can also be caused by your little tear ducts being clogged up.

My eye was really red recently and the eye doc said that I had "iritis" which was common to the Lupus that I have. It ended up that it could have been pretty serious if it had gone untreated. He treated me with some special prescription drops.