REDUCTION IN PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi everyone! I just want to let you know that since I've been cutting back on wheat/yeast, my pain level has dropped considerably. Hallalujah!!!!

Annette2
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi. I figured this out myself. My son works part-time in a health food store and I spend a lot of time there. Actually, I heard about yeast overgrowth here on the Board and questioned someone in the health food store. I was told about a certain type of intestinal cleansing, and I bought the package there. I don't think I'll get tested because at this point it doesn't pay. I must have had a yeast overgrowth because I felt much better after I began the cleansing, and now when I do eat wheat and/or yeast, I usually feel lousy afterwards. I'm learning more about my body than I ever thought I would.

Annette2
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

Please

Shirley
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't know if I can post the name of the company that sells the product - I don't want to get in trouble. I'll check with the administrators.

Annette2
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm going to post this and hope it doesn't get kicked off. I started a cleansing program using "CleanseSmart" which cleanses and detoxifies the system. There are 2 bottles - you take 2 capsules from one bottle in the morning, and 2 capsules from the other bottle in the evening. It really helped me. It does change your "bowel habits" a bit, but nothing terrible. You also have to stop eating certain foods, such as foods with yeast in them. There are also other programs such as liver detoxification and one for irritable bowel syndrome. I'm afraid to post the name of the company, but perhaps if you look in a search engine under the CleanseSmart you will find it.

Annette2
  6. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Was hoping some of you could give me some advice, please, please?

I work full-time and am worried about side effects. Don't want to be feeling ill & miserable all day at work (or no more than I already do! LOL). Annette2 mentioned a change in bowel habits. Could I get more details? Will I be running to the bathroom every 10 minutes?

Any other side effects I should know about?

Does anyone know if I can stay on my current meds? (of which there are many).

Your input is much, much appreciated!

Take care all,
    Donna
  7. lmn

lmn New Member

more info please!!! i've been wanting to do a detox, but wasn't sure what type to buy. also, as far as yeast goes, does that mean all carb products? anything else?
    thank you!!
    lmn
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

The intestinal cleansing DID NOT cause diarrhea. It just made the stools "messier". I work too and didn't have a problem there. As far as carbs go, the main thing to go off of is yeast products. I stopped eating bagels, bread and cake as much as I could. Maybe I had a bagel once or twice, but that's about it. As far as carbs go, I also tried to cut back. There are a lot of books in the health food stores about yeast overload and what foods you should and shouldn't eat. I have a wonderful book called "Optimal Wellness" by Ralph Golan, M.D. There is a whole chapter devoted to Yeast Overgrowth. Mainly you need to eliminate sugar, white or refined flour products, fried, fast and junk foods, soft drinks, caffeine, margarine, refined oils and chemical additives. Below is some information from Renew Life that also describes Candida and what to do.

A natural, 2-part formula of herbs traditionally used to support detoxification of Candida and Yeast.
    Formulated to be taken in harmony with your normal daily activity.

Candida Albicans, a common yeast, is part of the regular flora (bacteria) in the digestive tract. In a healthy state, they live in a ratio of about one candida to one million other bacteria. Due to many modern-day factors, this yeast can proliferate out of correct proportion. Yeast overgrowth-related disorders may then develop, such as yeast infections, rectal itch, constipation, bloating, skin problems, and many others.

With long term infestation, this candida yeast shifts into a fungal form which develops roots, called rhizoids, that can grow right into the intestinal wall. These rhizoids cause the intestine to become porous, allowing toxins and undigested proteins and carbohydrates to flow through the bowel wall, to be absorbed into the body and the blood stream. This condition is called Leaky Gut Syndrome.

The next step in this vicious cycle is that the immune system of the individual makes antibodies (proteins) which attempt to neutralize the candida overgrowth. These antibodies can cause the body to become hypersensitive to certain foods and molds, and can create a wide variety of food allergies. They can also interfere with hormonal activity and cause nutritional deficiencies.
    What Are the Common Causes of Candida Overgrowth?
    Repeated antibiotic use is the most common cause of yeast overgrowth. A healthy intestinal bacteria balance suppresses the overgrowth of yeast. When antibiotics destroy this healthy flora, candida is free to proliferate.

Birth control pills and cortisone drugs commonly cause candida overgrowth as a side effect.

Over-consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates greatly affects the balance of good flora in the intestinal tract. The lack of good quality food in one’s diet compromises the immune system, which helps yeast and parasites to flourish.

Vaginal yeast can be transmitted from an infected partner.

Higher progesterone levels seem to enhance yeast growth, so women with candida may see increased symptoms premenstrually or during pregnancy.

How Can One Get Rid of Candida?

CHANGE the diet to one that will not encourage growth of candida. Eliminate fruit and fruit juices, sugar, honey, fructose, maple syrup, cheese and dairy products. Soy sauce, mushrooms, breads with yeast, baked goods, and peanuts should also be eliminated. Avoid caffeine and alcoholic beverages.

EAT plenty of vegetables and lean protein. Soups and stews are excellent. Substitute yeast-free millet bread and gluten-free grains such as corn, millet, quinoa, and teff. Use Stevia as a sweetener. Snacks should include: pumpkin seeds (raw), sunflower seeds (raw) and oil-free corn chips. Use raw almond and raw cashew butter and vinegar-free salad dressings. Granny Smith apples are the only fruits permitted.

DRINK plenty of water: at least 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight, every day. For a 130 pound person that would mean 65 ounces, or about 7 tall glasses. Drink herbal teas and sweeten them with Stevia.

RE-ESTABLISH good flora in your intestinal tract with acidophilus and bifidus supplementation.

ENHANCE your digestion with enzymes after each meal.

CLEANSE your system with herbs that help to reduce Candida.

Annette2

9. Annette2

Annette2 New Member