redwillow, question for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mosherpit, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. mosherpit

    mosherpit New Member

    You responded to a post about sciatica recently and mentioned that you have to have your hips adjusted periodically...I have been having terrible sciatic pain for over a month, MRI was clear, physical therapist was amazed at how much higher my right hip is than my left.

    Who does your adjustments and what do they do? THanks for any info your can offer...
  2. Redwillow

    Redwillow New Member

    Hi Mosherpit

    I just found your post. I am still learning to following threads here.

    I had 2 different chiropractors over the years adjust my hips. I have really had a lot more luck with chiropractors and other alternative therapies than any kind of doctor.

    Doctors just want to write you a script for another medication.

    I am so sorry that you are experiencing sciatic pain. It is really miserable. My whole leg will go numb if I sit in the car too long. I have also found that certain cars with low slung seats are worse for me.

    Since I got my mini van so I am sitting up straighter I have found it better for my lower back and hips.

    I hope you find some kind of solution.

    hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  3. mosherpit

    mosherpit New Member

    I appreciate your input...I too agree on the type of car...I used to have a "sporty" car and oh the I have a Jeep cherokee and it happens much less. I havn't been to a chiropractor for a while, but it might be time again. I am also looking into Myofascial Release massage therapy. One of my girlfriends just got a job as the HR person at a wellness center that offers it and she can get me her discount if my insurance won't cover it. I will keep you posted if I go and if it helps.