Ref: Armor Thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Sep 5, 2009.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Followed a threat where two people said it had been reformulated. Can you tell me when that happened, as my pain has increased in the last year or so.

Second, someone said to increase the Armor we have now. By how much? I'm taking 30mg right now.

I was told Levo was the closest to the Armor, but then if you have trouble converting T4 to T3, what's an alternative?

Thanks for any and all feedback. I know so many of us are majorily concerned about this change.

2. lukro

lukro Member

This is the best place online that I found for info on thyroid in general and Armour's Thyroid specifically, and how to transition from Armour's Thyroid to the alternatives.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Jamin...........I've learned to titrate with different meds; usually downwards. But yesterday I did take an extra 15 mg. Prior to that my temp was 97.5. Last night I had body achies, and woke up depressed, and my temp had shot up to 98.7 (too high for me).

And my recent thyroid panel showed "no antibodies", and all within a normal range, so maybe I'll just stick with what I'm doing, or occasionally slip in 5mg & see if what it does. My body really tells me quickly; which is good.

I'm starting the phone compounding pharmacies as most of them tend to be "up" on what's happening, and the best solutions vs local pharmacies.

But thanks for that info...............carole