Referral for an understanding/informed Dr. in Phoenix area???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bemmett, Feb 19, 2006.

1. bemmett

bemmett New Member

Hi all,

My father has had CFS for 20 years.

I've been exhibiting signs for about a year now.

I have been in denial about my symptoms.
    Having watched my father suffer for so long, I refused to beleive it might be happening to me.

I can't ignore it any longer. The last 2 weeks have been hell.

Can anyone recommend a Dr. in the Phoenix area who is knowledgable about CFS?

Thanks,

Bret
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm sorry about your symptoms. We think my father had it also - tho he died young and the illness wasn't really mentioned back then. My brother has also been symptomatic over the past 5 years. I've lived with this for about 15 years.

Not everyone is the same. Don't be afraid of you father's experience. Just face YOUR illness and live better. I believe life gets better with treatment and information. (Not the same, just better)

As far as a DR. referral. There is a great naturopathic dr in the arcadia area named Dr. Chavez. He is very attentive and well educated. I also like a rheumatologist named Dr. Nardella in Scottsdale. I've heard good things about Dr. Silverman in Scottsdale but can't say from experience.

I'll wish good things for you.

Sofi
  3. mikewaz

mikewaz New Member

Bret,

I have been in Phoenix for 1.5 yrs and have been trying to find good docs in the area for CFs and FM etc. No real luck yet with Medical doctors. But at least for me the holistic approach seems to be the best. The testing in my opinion is better than traditional testing and I have been able to get alot of info on whats goin on and take a more direct approach on what I need to do to get better.

I have been to 5 different practioners and the last one I feel is the best so far and she is someone I want to stick with. She is personable and cares and is very well educated. Her name is Sherry Tactic and her number is 602-266-4670.

I hear you on the denial thing, but I am sure you know that denail wont get ou well. Its hard to face up to it but if yur having issues your going to have to try and deal with it and get some assistance. Good luck!
  4. bemmett

bemmett New Member

Sofi,

Thank you for your kind words and the doctors names.

Bret