Referring to cancer....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WhoSaid, Oct 14, 2008.

1. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

I may be overly sensitive about this but please hear me out for a minute.
    I am a two time cancer survivor that cringes when anyone compares this DD to cancer.
    When someone says would they say that to you if you had cancer....
    You just wouldn't believe what people say to you when they find out you have/had cancer.
    Try it some time. Yah they say some pretty rude and stupid things to you.
    BTW I would rather have cancer then this. I beat cancer...

LEFTYGG Member

good for you. i was told i had cancer and the fear that went through me was unbeliveable'

it turned out the tumor was benign but taught me to respect others. im glad your okay.

im not sure id take cancer love gail
  3. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

The thing is I have beaten cancer twice... completely cured but this DD just gets worse all the time.
    So, even though cancer sounds worse for me it's been the lesser of two evils.
  4. akandmk

akandmk New Member

I tell my husband all the time i'd rather have cancer for a few reasons. One they can try to cure it. Two doctors and other people don't look at you like you're insane when you say you have cancer. And Eventually cancer has a damn end to it. FM is the unwanted gift that keeps giving. My mom had breast cancer and I did have a brush with my cervix cells changing a few years ago. Docs know that cancer is the cells changing, they sure as heck don't know what causes FM.