Reflections: Heart Touching Photos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Dec 15, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

I love those photos, Jamin! :)
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

No workee for me, Jam. Just keep getting, "The entry number could not be found."

Will try some more later.

Rock
  4. jaminhealth

Rock, hit the "cached" button and the site usually comes up.... What I do with the copy/paste thing, I don't know but OFTEN the cached comes up and that will open the link.....the photos are Before and After in our lives... really really touching to say the least.....jam
  5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Oh, Wow! It worked. A great exhibit of what must be a universal experience.

Thanks, Jam.

Rock
  6. jaminhealth

Yep, For SURE....glad you could open it. remember that cached button. jam
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you, very interesting and creative. When I look in the mirror, all I see is an old lady looking back at me. No matter how good I looked back then, I wouldn't want to go back. Old age just brings a different set of challenges than youth but now, we have some tools in our belts.

Love, Mikie
    paulac7 likes this.
  8. jaminhealth

I loved my LIFE before all this stuff hit me, even more so in the last 3 yrs, and I love the wisdom of my years but I miss my get up and GO, it went, pain/stiffness slows one down big time....Mikie, you seem to have a lot of get up and go in you, guess those amminos helped, I don't recall you back a long time ago when you talked about being bedbound, I spend more time on my bed than ever. Thinking about going to the Tuesday Morning store for a look see but the challenge gets too much. I know our issues are unique to ourself but I don't see a reversal for me. thinking of looking for a homeopathic for STIFFNESS, I take a couple homeopathics during the night when I wake in pain and they help me.....fatigue abounds.....all this from the cwappy new artificial hip.....but no groin pain, gotta remember that....jam

Well, I just ordered a new supply of Rhus Tox which is high on the list of remedies for stiffness....
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jam, I have a lot more NRG from the injections and they have gotten rid of my symptoms from my illnesses. Still, I get tired when I overdo it but no more so than any other old lady around here. I became bedridden most of the time 13 years ago so who knows how much of my lack of NRG is just due to aging. Back then, I spent hours a day researching my CFIDS and FMS. A lot of the treatments, especially the Guai, helped me to get out of bed even though I was still pretty sick. After years of various treatments, I was well enough to work part time. Then, along came Sjogren's and it knocked my legs out from under me. If it weren't for the injections, I believe the Sjogren's would have me bedridden again. One problem we have is that when we have immune and/or autoimmune illnesses, we seem to acquire others over time.

Before I got sick 13 yrs. ago, I was single with a really good job and lots of other single friends. It was work hard and party hard all the time. My friends had boats so on the weekends or summer evenings, we were out on the water, living it up. I'm glad I did that because I don't feel as though I missed sowing my wild oats. I love my life now in a whole different way. It is true--To everything there is a season...

Love, Mikie
  10. jaminhealth

When I look in the mirror I don't see an old lady, I see older, but people who do not know my age say they see a 55 yr old, suppose the grape seed ex which is anti aging product has done a good job there....outside I look pretty great....

BUT inside my body and structure (from hip replacement mess) I feel 100....if only I hadn't done it, maybe....

Now my ankle on hip side is giving me big issues, lots of OA and getting weak and painful, today I see my rheumy and will opt for Prolo in my foot, HOPE it works.....never any guarantees even for $150.....

Well, as the young kids say, it is what it is....I too have great life prior to 1999 when Fibro trauma hit me....it's been downhill and especially since surgery......my record gets old on my lament.....jam
  11. Darrae

Darrae Member

Wow...........that was poingant. For many years, I looked in the mirror and all I saw was me getting older and sicker. The last few years, though, I see more. I see a face that is actually still young looking in comparison with my female friends of like age. I see intelligent and compassionate eyes with an occasional "pixie" twinkle, a mouth quick to release a warm smile, and an independently competent soul. I think, in all, what I see now is what it took me 3/4's of my life to become. And I'm proud of her. Saggy bum and all! LOL

Dar
  12. Darrae

Darrae Member

Question, I've seen many posts over the last year, and this may seem like a dumb question, but how does one "like" a post? I've never seen anywhere a place to click "like". Help me Rhonda!!
    rockgor likes this.
  13. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Dar

The "like button" shows up after one logs in. It is teeny tiny. Located at the bottom right of
    of a post. I generally don't even notice it. I don't see any point. I like almost every
    post; would wear myself out if I bothered to click about each one.

Rock
  14. Darrae

Darrae Member

Thanks Rock.

I don't necessarily want to like things so much as satisfy my curiosity. I'm still sort of a novice when it comes to online socialization. Up until a year ago, my knowledge of computers only included work-related use and mindless video games to "decompress" after a long day's work. When something new perplexes me I'm like a cat with a play toy. Must catch it, play with it, and see how it works!

Dar
    paulac7 and rockgor like this.
  15. jaminhealth

Bumping for those who missed these. jam
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jam, when I first came here 13 years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine, desperately seeking answers to what was wrong with me and what would help me. If it weren't for our generous members, I wouldn't be where I am today. I had a good day every now and then and had to do everything, like shopping for groceries, on those good days. My Mom was a God send to me.

The Guai treatment was the first thing I tried and it worked, albeit slowly. From there, I just kept on going and getting better. I've had painful relapses and been in remission but, overall, I've gained on these hellish conditions. I will likely never be in glowing good health but I'm thankful that my illnesses didn't make me really sick until my children were grown. I pray for those young moms who are trying to raise kids while being so sick and in so much pain.

Love, Mikie