Reflexology - anyone tried it??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm thinking about having it done for my sore feet - I know it's not just for sore feet.

Has anyone had any relief from pain through reflexology?

Thanks
    Rosie
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes, I'm using relexology and it is helping me greatly. But the first person I went to did zone reflexology and went in way to deep. I think she has a listening problem as I told her I just got out of bed after being down over 3 months. I had to shop around for a good reflexolgist one that could listen!
    If you go to some one and they are hurting you tell them to stop going so deep and if they don't get up and leave.
    You have to be able to relax and trust the person working on you. You have to be relaxed and healthy enough to be able to handle deeper pressure on the trigger points in your hands and feet. Reflexology can be done with a very gentle touch at least in the begining! So the first few meeting need to be about getting to know each other (to be able to trust her) and her working on getting you very very relaxed! A deep state of relaxation is key for reflexology to work and I'm on my fifth one and now I am feeling not so heavy in the shoulders and neck areas. But the first 3 visits didn't do much.It is very hard for me to get relaxed in a new setting. I pay $45 for 1 1/2 hours.
    Well thats my two cents worth :)
    Hope that helps you.
    Dee 50
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

advice on reflexology.

I'll 'shop' around and try to find someone with a good reputation and I'll keep in mind the things you've told me.

Thanks

Rosie