regarding aspartame

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Sep 17, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

This is an addendum to the thread the other day about aspartame. Last Friday I had my first diet soda in about 2 years, and had a few more over the weekend. Lo and behold, that old stomach pain of mine came back, with a vengence. Whether it's the aspartame or the acid in the soda, I'm not sure, but I suspect the aspartame, which also gives me bladder spasms. I can drink bubble water without problems. Well, it was a wake up call, and I won't touch the stuff again. I'll stick to iced tea with Stevia, or an occasional RC cola if I have to.

Just my 2.5 cents!

Beth.
  2. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Thanks for the info. I have yet been able to give up my diet soda. I am working on it. I never really associated the stomache problems with the soda until you mentioned it. Ummmmmmmmmmmm something to think about.
    tlc8858
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Avoid it like the plague.

Love, Mikie
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

we went out to dinner tonight, to celebrate my spouse's promotion at work (YAY!!!). Too late for caffeine, so I ordered water with lemon and added some Stevia for sweetness. It was good! I was prepared to ask for a fresh glass of water if it was awful, though. Guess we need to try new things, hmmm? (I did stay on program for South Beach, too. Successful dinner all around!)
    Peace,
    Beth.
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

you are just lucky! I have to admit I do enjoy the taste and the jolt of the diet Pepsi, but not the side effects, darn it! Enjoy one for me, ok?
    Beth.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can drink Diet Coke too without feeling the effects, but the aspertame is still horrible stuff. Go check it out on the web. It's not good for anybody.

Love, Mikie
  7. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

My mom is diabetic and uses Splenda to cook with. So far I seem okay to use that, so where can I find the Diet Rite?
    Isn't that the one sweetened with Splenda?
    Kate
    trading one evil in for another until I get weened off?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2003]

[ advertisement ]