regarding magnesium glycinate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Did I spell that correctly? Someone on a recent post said that was their "only" pain med and that it helped with a few things.

Well, I went looking for it today and there is only one health food store in my area but they did not carry it nor did they know what it was.

Did I get the spelling wrong or does anyone know where I can buy it? I looked at the list on the store on this website and did not find it listed.

bunches of thanks
    Pam
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

It is combined with Malic Acid and is called ProEnergy with Prohealth...on page B4..Please let us know if it helps..I have been considering it, too..

~~Amelia~~
  3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I don't think I would have guess which one it was in a thousand years so you surely saved me some time!!!

I will order it soon (since I bought something else with magnesium in it today so used my $$ for this pay day) and let you know how it does.

Pam
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

ProHealth has a vast array of supplements and many are formulated just for people with our illnesses. They are of the highest quality, the prices are the best, and a large portion of the revenues goes to advocacy for, and research on our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi, there isn't that much magnesium glycinate in the one mixed with malic acid. But (if you're looking for magnesium alone) you can also get magnesium glycinate on its own from the internet, if you do a google search, e.g., you'll find some. Some say if it's mixed with malic acid it helps pain better, others prefer just the magnesium.
    Susanne
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

It's magnesium glycinate and available at the store on this site. I accidentally ran out and have been taking magnesium oxide (all I could find) until my next shipment arrives. There is a big differenc in the way the two products work, as Madwolf mentioned.

Barbara
  7. sb439

sb439 New Member

do you take it at night for any particular reason? e.g. because it works better that way than when taken in the morning/midday? or because it helps with sleep?
    Thanks.
    Susanne
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), 2 before breakfast and two before lunch with a glass of water.

Then I take the ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) at night for deep sleep. All total I am taking about 450 milligrams of magnesium.

You can also order the Malic Acid separately from Pro Health if you want to try more of it than the combination. It gives me energy as well as helping with the pain. The item number is; #P224 in the Pro Health catalog.

Malic Acid comes from apples.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

It really clarified things for me. I think I wasn't getting everything the first couple of times I looked at the "store" items but the last time I went there I did find out more. Is it my computer or what that the info did not come up before?

Anyway - I still never would have known everything you have told me if I hadn't asked, so I sure am glad I spoke up.

Thank you all!!

Pam