?? regarding SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azcrum, Oct 6, 2002.

1. azcrum

azcrum New Member

I have been waiting patiantly to hear something about my ssi. I have been waiting since June 2001. Anyhow, I was denied (almost everyone is with this condition) so I appealed it, being denied again. I got a SS lawyer. We went to court on August 24, 2002. I have not heard a word as of today. I don't know if I am denied or approved. Has anyone ever had this happen? Not hearing anything, does that mean anything good? Thanks.
  2. azcrum

azcrum New Member

I have been waiting patiantly to hear something about my ssi. I have been waiting since June 2001. Anyhow, I was denied (almost everyone is with this condition) so I appealed it, being denied again. I got a SS lawyer. We went to court on August 24, 2002. I have not heard a word as of today. I don't know if I am denied or approved. Has anyone ever had this happen? Not hearing anything, does that mean anything good? Thanks.
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

It took almost 2 months after my hearing to hear and I was denied. I did not have an attorney so that may work in your favor. I am appealing. Good luck!!!

Janine
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The SSA is in no hurry although legally if an intake worker see's a case and feels it will prevail, they have the authority to approve the case. Horse Laugh! Right!
    I still have a case in Virginia on my SSDIB (about 2 yrs) took 4 yrs to reach that and also for me to become indigent and qualify for SSI. I finally received a favorable ruling but presently (it is now one year) they are holding my child support against the total SSI award which is chinzy; I am now going back to see if we can get the paperwork right but did not want to rock the boat.

If you got an attorney who is a friend of the court, you will probably be approved; if not, with SSI you can try, try, try again. Love CactusLil'
  5. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I live in Texas! I was turn down twice and got help for hearing . Got approved bye ALJ before hearing date 9-12! will start checks next mth and back pay on its way! Dont give up! They take thier time.Good luck!