Reheumy checking for RA and Lupus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I went to see my dr. today and she said what I was feeling is not FM.I have swelling in my wrist and I anow in a brace that goes up to my forearm.I wanted another for my other arm but she said that would not be a good idea.It has been 4 years since I was checked for RA and Lupus.Kinda nervous,my aunt was just diagnoswd with both last week.I just pray my hands,wrists and arms get better.How am I gonna function with my hands hurting like this?Not a good day for me.
    Sheila
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Was referred out to neuro for eval. After I had the nerve conduction test, I found out it was carpel tunnel. Then to ortho, next a cortisone shot. The swelling, pain, and tingling all went away! Could that be what's going on?

I know how you feel about the tests for RA and lupus. I go through all that periodically as the Rheumy thinks I have early lupus (maybe?). I have my labs and the ANA is elevated and other indicators are there this time. I see him for discussion on the 6th of Feb.

He goes back and forth on the issue of lupus with me; feels that I am too old to get lupus .. most get it in their 30's, I'm 59. I have a good family friend who was just diagnosed with lupus, and she is 80, so I don't know that age is that much of a factor.

I'll be thinking about you, good luck with the tests.

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My knuckles hurt,my wrists hurt and the right one is swollen.It hurts also in my shoulders,ankles,toes and sometimes my knees.I am so down about this.I really appreciate you helping out.I am having a very low time,depression is getting worse.All of a sudden it seemed teh lights just went out and depression took over.I am tired of pain and I hate not being able to take care of things for my family without hurting myself more.I think I need a good nights sleep.
    Thanks Jeanette,
    Sheila