Reiki and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shadowsfire, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

I found that my pain is less when I self treat with Reiki. Anyone else here Attuned?
    Marci
  2. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

but I will be soon. I've heard others get relief.
  3. shepsgirl

shepsgirl New Member

My best friend practices Reiki and she raves about it, she says it really centers her and she feels so much better about herself (she does not have FM). Even 8 yr old son participates and he loves it too! When she's stressed or depressed she always says "I need a Reiki session" like some people would say "i need a drink". I would love to try it but my husband is an obstacle. Oh well.

shepsgirl
  4. legalwoman

legalwoman New Member

is a Reiki Master, and teaches Reiki in the Kansas City, MO area. She has given me a free session or two and I have to say I did notice a difference, although it was temporary.

Marilyn
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

About the attunement - are you offering? ;-)

I haven't had a hands-on reiki session before, but there are websites that offer free distance reiki. Some that I have tried are reiki.org and reikiintuitive.com. For me the results have been subtle, and sometimes I can't say I notice a difference. But it's very convenient and easy to try - and free!

Anybody else have a good experience with reiki?

[This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]
  6. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

I am only reiki attuned to second level. There is a yahoo group that I belong to that can teach you to be Reiki. Its where I learned. Its free to second level but to get masters is harder since there is much to learn.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Reiki_On/
  7. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I am a Reiki Master and I can't tell you how much it helps me.

When I get a treatment, I feel SO MUCH BETTER, and when I am gioving a treatment, the Reiki energy flowing through me makes me feel better too, after the session is over with my client, I just feel renewed, but not quite as renewed, at peace and in balance as I do when I am the client.

It really helps with the anxiety and the pain too.
  8. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

I'm at the Third Level, am going to go for my Master Reiki soon. I was waiting to clear up some emotional "stuff" that I felt was blocking the energy flow for me.

I mainly do it on myself and my animals, but will do it on people, if asked.

My friend, Reiki Master, recently went in for surgery, had a big tumor in her abdomen, 17inches by eight inches, she was operated on Thursday, came home Saturday, did Reiki on herself the whole time she was in the hospital, and prior to surgery. They also did a hysterectomy. She had very little pain, recovered amazingly well, when she had her stitches out, the nurse told her they should have come out a week prior, she had healed up so much.

I'm a firm believer in Reiki for anyone suffering with pain, or any ailment. Easy to learn, just takes a little time.

Sbilek
  9. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Yes, there is something called Pre-Surgery Reiki which is excellent for speeding the healing as well as assisting the ease and the succes of any surgery. Works great! Everytime I have used it for my clients it has really made a difference.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2005]
  10. gailikerd

gailikerd New Member

Hi - I am a Karuna/Usui Reiki Master Teacher - my son just underwent a 4 1/2 hour long ear surgery last Friday. I took him to the doctor today to have his first surgery follow up - the doctor was amazed at how well his ear was healing up. The stitches were removed 4 days ahead of schedule due to the fast healing he is experiencing. I did Reiki on him every day for a few days before the surgery and every day since his surgery. Reiki does work.