Reiki Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ridge-Runner, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Just wondering how many of you had tried Reiki and how many were practitioners. I have been second level for almost three years,I got into Reiki four years ago when I really started to go downhill. I have been thinking about going for the Masters Attunement for some time now.

I think its helped me with the pain more than fatigue, I spot treat myself daily,don't seem to have the energy to do full body treatment.

I get better results when someone else works on me,used to go to a healing circle,but that Reiki Master stopped hosting them, haven't been able to get my Master/Teacher to host one.

I'm out of practice with my distance healing, anyone that would like to recieve or trade distance healing let me know,I'll do my best to help you.

Five Principles of Reiki(in plain words):

Just for today, I will not anger.
    Just for today, I will not worry.
    I will earn my living with integrity.
    I will honor all living things.
    I will be grateful for all my many blessings.

Hopefully at least one person will find these useful and maybe use them as a daily mantra.

Keith
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2005]
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Keith,
    Welcome. I became a Reiki Master in 1995. I think it is one of the best things I've ever done.

I, too, use Reiki on myself for pain. I used to give Reiki treatments, but because fo CFIDS/FMS I am not strong enough to hold my hands out for any length of time, so I give mini treatmets to friends, pets and myself.

I also do long distance healing occasionally. I, too, have had a hard time finding a healing circle. Of course, fibro makes it too painful to lay down, so I probably wouldn't go for sessions anyway.

Strange isn't it?, that when we are studying we have this close circle and then, after the training, it seems that few can really find a good healing circle to practice with. Maybe wwe are meant to go out alone. Who knows?

Good luck,
    Terry
  3. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I am a Reiki Master and it has helped me so much concerning my own health.

Like you, I find that getting it from someone else is more effective than giving it to myself. Especially if I'm not feeling well.
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

Hey, Keith!

Ok....I was raised by hippies, lived in Los Angeles for years (kinda the self help philosophy capital of the US, in my book! Though many attempts there are vastly misguided! LOL), and have been involved in a HUGE variety of self help/holistic/healing things over the years.

How on God's green earth have I never heard of Reiki before? It sounds fascinating, and I'd really appreciate any info or resources to get info you can send my way (be careful of web addresses, though). Brilliant as a daily mantra, and I've been really trying to work on meditation and deep breathing as possible source for relief for some of my pain (let us just say, meds are not working well, and Holy Ouchiness!). In the last 8 years or so, I got insanely wrapped up in my career and other distractions, and have managed to totally lose site of many of the spiritual and mental comforts in my life. And what a surprise! I managed to end up with big ole' raging case of FM! LOL...guess that's not so surprising, considering toxic lifestyle!

Anyhow, I'm really trying to get back on the right path...exploring many different options and philosophies and mind/body connection schtuff. And, I'm stuck at home right now, so I've got nothing but time to research and work on inner me! So, I'd appreciate any info you can send my way when you get a chance.

Thanks so much. Very very interesting post, and how on Earth is this new to me? Where ya'll been hiding? LOL

Rachel
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

Hope you're still around here because this has been DRIVING ME INSANE. lol....I too, am a nut for foreign films (saw in your bio). I was trying to think of the name of one of my alltime favorites (based on a book that's one of my alltime faves, too.) to refer someone, and I have flat out not been able to remember it for WEEKS! I've really gotten quite "Foggy" over the last few weeks, and while very new to me and scary as heck, things like this...not being able to remember titles, authors, etc. is bothering me the most.

Ok...here it is. German film. Want to say it was made in late 70's or early 80's...might be wrong there, though. Plotline is a young German (or maybe Polish? he might be Polish) boy who decides very early in childhood that he will not grow. Period. So he doesn't, through sheer force of will (but might be remembering something about a fall, also...not sure there). Ends up an adult male in the body of a very young child. It is a pretty disturbing film, but excellent. Was quite controversial, if I remember correctly.

Is this ringing any bells for you? If so, ppplllease let me know! Its been bothering me nonstop for weeks, and haven't been able to find on net because I can't remember title, director, or even book's author. OY.

Help?
    Signed...A little loopy,
    Rachel

[This Message was Edited on 09/16/2005]
  6. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Glad to help if I can,can't do much else these days.

I would recommend a book by Diane Stein, "Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art". I think I got mine at half.com

I'm sure a search on any of the search engines will give you more sites than can visit in a day. There used to be a site that listed practitioners usually Masters by location so you could find one close to you.

Around here Masters charge for treatment on a sliding scale based on what you can afford. If you decide to get attuned I'm sure the prices vary regionally, here in upstate NY,way above Albany, the price runs around $100-150 for level one,double $200-300 for level two and double again $400-600 for Master/Teacher.

Hope this helps
    Feel free to ask any more questions
    Keith
  7. orachel

orachel New Member

I'll definitely get the book and check it out! Those prices are a lil scary, but if one can learn and practice self treatment, maybe that's an option. Plus, I live in Toledo, OH....I'm lucky if I can find a good massage therapist here, so not sure what chances are of finding local Reiki practitioners, even if I could afford it!

Very cool. Thanks.
    Rachel
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Keith,
    I am a second level Reiki practitioner for 2 years. It all started when I was scheduled for a breast biopsy, and had a feeling that I needed to DO SOMETHING that would help me...just in case.

Then, I was browsing in a second-hand bookstore and just "happened to come across" the Essential Reiki book by Diane Stein! It just grabbed me, and I decided that I wanted to get trained, but had no idea where to.

The next day, I went into our local food coop, but it was the one across town that I never get to. I sat down to eat lunch, which I almost never do there, and found a flyer for a training that would begin within days! Lucky me.

The instructor even modified the schedule so that, given my fatigue, I would be able to complete it. It turned out that I had breast cancer, and I used self-Reiki throughout my surgery recovery and treatments. What a huge blessing.

I also continue to go for treatments about 2x a month from my massage therapist who is also a Reiki Master. It helps me so much, with boosted energy and improved mood and sense of well-being.

Like you, I've not gone to support groups. They do meet monthly, but they're in the evening which is a little more difficult for me.

Thank you for reminding me of the 5 principles. I think I'll put them on my mirror again.

Best wishes and health to you,
    Hopeful4
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

a rieki section is included on my dog trainer course.
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Sorry, I don't remember that one! I'm sure I would if I had seen it - sounds fascinating. I really miss seeing foreign filmd. Around here where I live now, there is no theatre for them.
    Take care,

Terry
  11. orachel

orachel New Member

This DD is so funny...sometimes I'm so out of it, then occasionally it's like a LIGHTBULB just turned on in my brain! But this one seriously was just not coming to me until now...

It's called "TIN DRUM"...and btw, I highly recommend!

Thanks for the help...reading your response hours after originally trying to think of it is what prompted me to remember!
    Rachel
  12. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

I live in Minerva,a small town in the Adirondack Park. About half way between Albany and Plattsburgh. I'm almost always home, evenings would be a good time for me to send Reiki. How about you?
    Keith
  13. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Here is an article I wrote on it. Hope it helps:

Reiki (pronounced ray - key)- - - Rei means "Universal" and Ki means "The vital life force energy that flows through all living things." When combined, it's meaning is "Universal Life Force Energy." A laying-on of hands healing technique thousands of years old, it is thought to have originated as a Tibetan Buddhist practice that was rediscovered in the late 1800's by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist. It is a very simple yet powerful technique.Reiki is powerful healing energy and is one of the few forms of healing that can be used for oneself or others.

Reiki is this natural healing energy, and it flows through the hands of the Reiki practioner in a powerful and concentrated form. The energy is then channeled through the hands of a practitioner into the body of a receiver.
    Reiki supports medical treatments such as massages, foot reflexology, acupressure, acupuncture, chiropractic treatments, etc. Reiki brings the body and mind into an even balance and works on all levels: the physical, spiritual, emotional and soul level. Reiki encourages self-healing, strengthens body and soul, opens blocks, balances chakras, rebuilds harmony and flows in unlimited quantity. A treatment always increases one's energy and leaves one surrounded with loving feelings of well-being.

Reiki is not a religion. It beholds no doctrines, creeds or contradictions. No matter where the person may be at a certain point in their life, Reiki will harmonize and embrace their philosophical views. Reiki is an extremely powerful healing energy. It does not conflict with any other health care, but rather enhances it's results. It does not interfere with traditional medical treatment, but facilitates benefits. Reiki speeds the healing process and provides a source of restoring energy while one is ill, under medical treatment, or in recovery.
    Reiki is a wonderful tool for use at any moment, any time, anywhere for on-the-spot stress release, pain relief and quick energy. In short, Reiki is a holistic self-help technique for directing natural life force energy.

Reiki is a complimentary or alternative therapy that has been used to treat almost any disease that you can think of. The most common of these, being stress-related disorders, which make up at least 75% of America's visits to the hospital.
    * Reiki is totally non-invasive.
    *There is no need for the client to remove any clothing.
    Reiki is spiritual in nature but is non-denominational. There is no need to accept any beliefs to give Reiki healings successfully. This energy can be used by anyone and integrated into any set of beliefs.

BENEFITS:
    Relaxes those under stress and brings about a sense of peace, centerdness and balance
    Supports the body's natural ability to heal itself
    Vitalizes both the body and soul
    Balances the organs and glands and their bodily functions
    Re-establishes spiritual equilibrium and mental well being
    Promotes creativity
    Balances the body's energies
    Treats symptoms and causes of illnesses
    Loosens up blocked energy and promotes a state of total relaxation
    Relieves pain
    Cleanses the body of toxins
    Strengthens the immune system
    Adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient
    Enhances personal awareness and strengthens intuition
    Enhances meditation
    Is an extremely pleasant, holistic method of healing!

Reiki is an immeasurable gift and a wonderful tool to help one develop conscious awareness of their body, mind and spirit, growth and change.
    As in most things in life, Reiki must be experienced to be appreciated.
  14. revlcb

revlcb New Member

I received my Master degree in 2000. Unfortunately I now can't stand to do a complete healing on someone, nor can I now hold my hands out for long periods while sitting. I do use Reiki for short periods on others, such as for someone with a headache or sore throat. I do however, use Reiki energy on myself but, like others, I don't find that using Reiki on myself is as beneficial as having another person using the energy on you. It does calm me down before falling to sleep...instead of attempting to ignore the pain in my body.

Only you can decide when you're ready for your Master's. Yes, some people have the false notion that the faster you go through the levels, the faster your energy will build. This is not so, and IMHO, is a result of ego. You'll just know, when you're ready. You'll feel it.
  15. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

I've completed three legs of my Reiki Training and opted to wait for Master Attunement until I cleared a lot of my emotional blockages.

I'm contemplating completing my Master's level soon.

I also attended some courses by a local Clairvoyant Medium on Violet Flame healing, which were absolutely facinating, and most of my friends that attended my Reiki classes incorporate the Violet Flame with the Reiki.

My one friend just went in for surgery for a big huge tumor in her abdomen, went in on Thursday for the surgery, it was 18 inches by 7 inches, the tumor, and came home Saturday morning. I went over to help her with her many critters the following week, went over Monday and you would not have even known she had surgery. She had absolutely no pain at all and her incision healed up very fast. They told her when she had the stitches out she should have come in a week prior for the stitches removal, which would have been five days after the surgery!!

She did Reiki on herself prior and after the surgery. We all did a healing on her before she went in. The clairvoyant also did a healing and detached the tumor from everything the day before she went in.

The doctor was amazed that the thing wasn't attached to anything. Of course my friend didn't tell him about the clairvoyant doing the healing. She just let him be amazed.

Amazing stuff this energy healing.

Sbilek
  16. hubby

hubby New Member

I am into anything that will help. I have Fibro/cfs, a partial stomach and bad back disks. I have just gone athrough a lot of stress this last 18 months, and lost my poor little puppy I just got a week ago Sunday he died Sat am, and I am getting over that.

I took him out of hospital to nurse, and after a 700.00 bill he seemed almost as bad as he was. I feel I did something to kill him, and feel so guilty. NOthing new though I am always feeling quilty about something.

I was going to say we were not gettting another, my husbands sentiments exactly, as he bawled along with me after being so very good burying him so gentle, threw up and then bawled in my arms. He is so sentimental and has not had to deal with the body before, the last one died at the vet I took him and held him.

So as you see I am starting our yoga again, kind of journal, and would love this Reiki I think. Tell me what to do. I have lost almost 2 yrs of my time sick one way or another and don't want to loose anymore. Those who prayed for me and my little puppy, thak you so much, but I guess God wanted him up there to play with, he was so cute and precious. I don't know why God is being so hateful to me for so long, I have been a good person.

I am back in therapy, though don't think it will do much good at this point.

I have read this thread before I guess, as I wondered what the lists for tomorrow were, is it a goal, or what? Someone please explain as I try to do lists and they get huge, so trying to keep within about 1 big thing, and 3 little ones, with rest during the day.

Trying to establish a better sleep pattern as you can not too good tonight. I have slept good though since my puppy died, slept all day Sat and most of the day yesterday and low and behold I have woke feeling good without a huge amount of pain, which translates to me as no pain.

My husband is harping to get me back in bed to rest, he is the only one in my life that has any idea how sick I am and gives me no hell about doing what I have to do. I cannot believe that as he is OC amd since we retired everything has been in such a statae of repair, he has redone half the cottage. I have not done much of anything, except for a good period this time last yr, so I feel so guilty about that. He hurt his back doing things too long because he just couldn't wait for me another day.

Sorry for long post, back to bed and gentle hugs to you all and thank you for the information and support, you all have been a wonderful guideline to me and not at all a cheap message board that is crap.

Jave a wonderful day.
    Hubby
  17. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Glad to hear back from you. That should work,should one person send one day and the other send the next? or should we try the same evening? Maybe one of the Masters here would have a suggestion.
    I'm 6ft 185lbs,blue eyes,reddish brown hair with gray "highlights" lol!! goatee and a Japanese motif mural type Tattoo that starts on my left chest, over and around my shoulder, completely around my left bicep down to the elbow, across my back to the other shoulder, "work in progress", who knows when it'll be finished.

Hows that for a visual,hope its not too scarey!

Keith
    I thought maybe you had already sent some Reiki, I felt a little energized over the weekend, maybe just talking about it has started waking the Reiki in me.
  18. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

I'll sent you some Reiki tomorrow evening,if that works for you?

Keith
  19. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

I sent you Reiki earlier this evening,hopefully you received it ok,the energy was flowing quite strongly.

Iam impressed with your ability to read me from a distance. I have some ability to "feel" problem areas,old injuries etc when I work on someone in person,but don't have your empathic talents.

You are pretty close about me,have always been way too emotional,men are supposed to be tough right? As far as being flighty and getting grounded,I think in the near future I'll be a bit better,am still trying to get my head around this cfs stuff (just dx last month) after riding the push crash/wave 4-5 maybe more years. Haven't felt right since I quit drinking 7 years ago.

Thanks,let me know if you received the reiki and if you want to exchange again.
    Keith
  20. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

I found a wonderful group at Yahoo groups. Reiki On. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Reiki_On/
    You can do both level one and two, but to go above that to masters you need more one on one. There is tons of info on the site and they can answers any questions you have. Sue and Karen are the ones who do the attuning and they have a test that you do to be sure that you know enough to do it.
    I find that it does help to do reiki on myself but like most of you I either and too tired or forget what I am doing. I find its a wonderful way to fall asleep at night, giving yourself a reiki treatment. http://207.97.211.82/images/chat/forums/icons/image13.gif
    http://207.97.211.82/images/chat/forums/icons/image13.gif