Reiki massage has anyone tried this ?Has it helped?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 24, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Reiki (an ancient form of energy work): universal life force energy is applied through direct touch for the purpose of bringing healing, balance and harmony to the energy system.

Its a form of massage has anyone tried this or what kind of massage has helped anyone?
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

it seemed I had a little more energy for a couple of days and my knees seemed to feel a little better. Only lasted a couple of days.

If you do it, let us know if it worked for you.
    hugs:)
    Kim
  3. bossco

bossco New Member

had 2 sessions, the first being 3 hours, the second 2 hours, like mentioned, the heat from it was interesting, but absolutely no results from it....also it was 60.00 a session.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Carebelle,
    You have most of it right, but Reiki does not involve massage.

I became a Reiki Master in 1996. It involves gentle laying on of hands. It can help. At the very least, it is an experience in peaceful joy.

I use Reiki on myself and my pets for localized pain, with great success. I don't give professional treatments, because I'm still to weak to hold my hands out for any length of time.

As far as massage goes, Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy has helped me. I haven't done much more, because the Fibro keeps my skin very tender.

A good Reiki Therapist will be a spiritual person (Reiki actually originated in Tibet, and Dr. Usui, a Japanese minister, is the one who popularized it). It takes a while and several treatments are needed. However, along with the desire to be healed, one shoud try to be detatched from the outcome. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to get "out of the way" of the Universal energy. What is best, will happen. That isn't always a physical healing. Like at Lourdes, sometimes it is a spiritual healing.

Good luck, and enjoy.
    Peace,
    Terry