Reimbursement of SSDI lawyer fees to LTD company

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by helokitty1, Nov 6, 2008.

1. helokitty1

helokitty1 New Member

Just trying to figure out if I'm suddenly going to be facing another huge financial burden and hoping that someone has some experience with this...

I finally got approved for my SSDI benefits (yeah!). I have already been receiving LTD so I will have to give the lump sum SSDI payment to my LTD company. My question is this: will I owe my LTD company the full amount of my SSDI back pay award before the attorney fees deduction or just the exact amount of the lump sum check (the back pay award minus the attorney fees)?

Thanks for your help!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2012]
  2. helokitty1

helokitty1 New Member

Thank you so much for your input - you helped put my mind at ease a little!
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

First of all CONGRATS!!!!!!!! So glad you finally got approved for SSDI. How long did it take?

I am using a group similar to ALLSUP. I was referred by LTD so I do not have to pay them, BUT ... I do have to pay back LTD every penny they have paid me. We are coming up on the 2 year mark for my going off work on disability. However, LTD did not kick in until August of 2007. I was on STD for 6 months then went on LTD. Did you keep all of your payment stubs from LTD so you can double check the amount they have paid you?