Reintroducing myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, May 4, 2010.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Hi, everyone. I have been a member here for a long time, but haven't posted at all lately. I have been off of the boards for a while now, partly due to time constraints and partly my brain just needing a break from the computer and thinking about fibro in general. Well, of course, I can't ever really quit thinking about it, since it dominates my life, but I mean reading about it on the computer constantly, and stuff like that. You guys may know what I mean. :) Also, my computer is in our downstairs office, and I just don't have the energy to get down here all the time anymore.

Anyway, I have been back reading the posts and really missed this community. I see a few old names and many new ones. <wave> :)

Just a quick update on me - I am doing better in some ways and worse in others. My pain level is greatly reduced from when I first came here 4 years ago desperately searching for answers and before I got diagnosed. Those days, my pain was a constant 10/10 every day. Now, it is mostly gone if I do not overdo it, keep within my limits and take my medication and supplements. On days I get too tired and too stressed, it may go up to a 4 or 5 out of 10. The trade off, of course, is the side effects I get from my medications. My brain seems to have gone on a permanent vacation. Not sure how much of that is side effects and how much is "fibro fog", since it varies from day to day and also depends a lot on stress and fatigue. I am thankful for the reduction of pain though, as it was unbearable before and I couldn't go on that way.

My energy levels and general immune system function have deteriorated dramatically and frighteningly. I am ALWAYS exhausted, and I always seem to be sick with one virus or another. Maybe partly from having 2 young children and a husband that works in a hospital? I just can't fight anything off. I have to "ration" out my energy, as I have very little of it. I don't hold out much hope of ever feeling "normal" again, just functioning as best I can. Alas, mine is not one of those posts where someone comes back and says they are in remission or cured. But, thankfully, I can say my pain is under control.

Just wanted to give an update, reintroduce myself and hopefully join in the converstaion again. :)

God bless,
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2010]
  2. quanked

quanked Member

Welcome back. I am not sure I remember you but I have only been here a couple of years (I think).

I usually check the board before I check in for the night. I just finished watching "Crazy Heart". Sad and life like. I am so grateful that alcohol is not is not one of my crosses to carry.

I know what you mean about taking a time out from reading, and searching for answers to these dd's. I never thought I would end up so focused on how I physically feel. Sometimes it becomes a necessity to just suffer and not ask why as it seems to continually lead to futility.

But, this board is always here (so far). It is a great relief to be able to come here and take in what some others are thinking.

3. loto

loto Member

I totally agree with what you're both saying about constantly reading and researching!

Right after I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago that's all I did. And then I'd go to doctor's to run this test and that test, and coming up with no answers! At least all those test did rule out other things (i guess, who knows?).

Anyway, last fall I finally came to the conclusion to stop reading it all and just deal with it! Of course I do get stuff checked out if a new symptom arises, so I know nothing else serious is going on.

And, I keep up on this board for support! I'll never stay away from it for too long.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I do remember your name, but don't take it personally. It's the fibrofog!!

Welcome back!!

5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i remember you!

welcome back!

glad your pain is better, sorry energy and immune is not better.

6. spacee

spacee Member

Lost of people have gone to other boards so this one is a lot slower now.

So glad your pain is better. Have you tried any of the transfer factors
    for your immune system. There is a general one that is sold here
    or you could buy a 4Life brand which is good too (just google)'

Just a thought. I know other things help other people.

7. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Thank you all for the welcome back! :)

Spacee, I have not tried the transfer factors. Actually, I don't know much about that, so I guess that's something I'll have to put my brain to and do some research!

One problem with my immune system is the medicine I take for my juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It suppresses the immune system. I am hoping to get off of it soon. I did cut the dose by about 50% a couple of years ago. It's been hard to go below the dose I am on now without flaring. But, hopefully this summer might be a good time to try again.

Thanks everyone!