Relapses How Long?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, May 27, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Was wondering if you could tell me how long your relapses have been. I have been in a downward spiral since last December and have been getting progressively worse.

I am so afraid that I will not come out of this. Have any of you come back after being so sick for so long?

I am to the point now that I am unable to leave the house and almost completely bedridden with exhaustion & pain.
    I can hardly eat & have lost so much weight that it is
    frightening.

I am almost without hope.

Gretchen
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Dear Gretchen...... How scary it is, isn't it, with no end in sight and so long to get a diagnosis? Yes, I read your profile.

You're early in your diagnosis so I have every confidence that you'll pull out of this, at least to a more tolerable level.

I'm assuming that you've done the obvious: cut out sugar, are eating good-for-you foods, no alcohol which turns to sugar in our bodies.... Have you been tested for allergies or food intolerences? Somehow I doubt it if your doctor, after three years, just came up with the reason for you illness. Do you have CFS and/or FM?

Are you sleeping or just lying there? If not, are you taking anything for sleep? Are you under particular stress - aside from the illness, that is, which is a huge stressor in itself?

I think you need to get back to your doctor if you haven't been recently. Could be a medication isn't agreeing with you - or perhaps you need more testing. If you don't feel that this doctor will help you, go to another one, and another, until you feel comfortable. They don't have to be an "expert" in these illnesses but we must feel that they're listening and working with us.

Gentle hugs,
    Marta

3. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I don't drink alcohol, I don't eat sugar, I don't drink coffee, & I try to eat good foods when I can get someone to go to the grocery for me. At other times, I have to order my food to be delivered.

I take Vicodin for pain.

Regarding sleep, when I do sleep I wake up quite early and never get back to sleep. No matter, I am just as exhausted as if I were up all night.

I am going to another doctor on June 12th and will try to get some help. I am not taking an anti-depressant, but maybe I will have to try one.

Thank so for your reply.

Gretchen