Relaxation/Meditation CDs Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Would appreciate suggestions/recommendations for
    relaxation/meditation CDs.

Thanks,

Gretchen
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Gretchen:

I bought 'Effortless Relaxation: Beautiful Music Plus Subliminal Suggestions'.

It it is by Steven Halpern. All subliminal suggestions to relax: no talking at all. Music covers the subliminal suggestions.

It really is very good. I bought mine online.

nyrofan
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Gretchen, you must have read my mind, because I was just about to post a thread on this!

I am particularly attached to two CDs by Tony O'Connor, "Mariner" and "Rainforest Magic". I listened to them a lot on cassette when I first became ill. I was bedridden, and couln't handle any reading or TV.

Recently, I found them available online. If you google "Tony O'Connor" you'll find several sites that sell them, some even with audio clips.

I look forward to any suggestions from others! I need a little more variety!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2006]
  4. Sampa

Sampa New Member

I use a lot of Belleruth Naparstek's Guided Imagery CDs. There is a new one speacifically for Fibromyalgia & CFS.
    They have all been very helpful to me!
    You can find them at Health JOurneys.com
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

6. suz45

suz45 New Member

Grtchen:

Not sure if you are interested but I use two grest DVDs with yoga mediatation by Gaiam with Rodney Yee they are very easy , one is filmed and the music is against the backdrop pf Yosemite and the other on the beach in Hawaii, always gives me great relaxation. You can get them online or at any music store.

Suz45
  7. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I hope I spelled that right. I know them from some courses I did for depressed people (!) at the local hospital. The therapist dropped me (don;t ask!) but these tapes were really useful. He does a lot of mindfulness stuff.
  8. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Thanks so much for all your replies.

You are all so wonderful.

Gretchen
  9. mezombie

mezombie Member

I am just overwhelmed by the number of CDs on the Hemi-Sync website!

Do you have any specific suggestions?

I'm looking for relaxing, ambient music. I like flute and harp, and anything that isn't too harsh in tone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  10. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I just went to the Hemi-Sync website and ordered a few CDs. Some are even on clearance!! I will let you all know how they are when I get them and listen!

God Bless everyone!
    Lisa
  11. mezombie

mezombie Member

What's great about Hemi-Sync is that they have different types of CDs for different interests or needs.

There's Metamusic, which contains music as well as the Hemi-Sync technology. These CDs can be used as you are using yours, or just for musical enjoyment.

To "retrain" the brain, you're right about carefully choosing CDs that are for a particular purpose, and using headphones to activate both hemispheres of the brain.

I hope you will post here as you continue to use your CDs. I'm sure a lot of us here would like to hear of any health benefits you feel you're getting from listening to them.
  12. mezombie

mezombie Member