Relaxation tip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleF, Sep 7, 2002.

1. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Hi, I signed up for these daily tips although I don't have arthritis, per se. I've found a lot of useful tips that apply to all of us. At the bottom, you'll see the site to sign up for these (same sponsor as for fms/cfids). So relax & have a great Sunday!! Michele

Tip of the Day for September 05, 2002

Relaxation can help reduce the painful effects of physical and emotional stress. To effectively relax, try sitting or lying in a comfortable position with your head supported and with your eyes closed. Be sure to focus on your breathing, with deep, slow breaths and feel your stomach move in and out with each breath. Don’t chase away thoughts that enter your mind but focus on breathing and staying calm. Also, don’t worry about falling asleep. Next time, try to stay awake for the entire period.
    (Source: Arthritis Foundation)

Pro Health, Inc., ArthritisSupport.com is the Internet’s premier website for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Featuring the latest news, treatment information, and community resources, our mission at ArthritisSupport.com is to empower you to take control of your health by becoming your complete source for health-related information and comprehensive treatment solutions.

[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2002]
  2. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Hi, I signed up for these daily tips although I don't have arthritis, per se. I've found a lot of useful tips that apply to all of us. At the bottom, you'll see the site to sign up for these (same sponsor as for fms/cfids). So relax & have a great Sunday!! Michele

Tip of the Day for September 05, 2002

Relaxation can help reduce the painful effects of physical and emotional stress. To effectively relax, try sitting or lying in a comfortable position with your head supported and with your eyes closed. Be sure to focus on your breathing, with deep, slow breaths and feel your stomach move in and out with each breath. Don’t chase away thoughts that enter your mind but focus on breathing and staying calm. Also, don’t worry about falling asleep. Next time, try to stay awake for the entire period.
    (Source: Arthritis Foundation)

Pro Health, Inc., ArthritisSupport.com is the Internet’s premier website for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Featuring the latest news, treatment information, and community resources, our mission at ArthritisSupport.com is to empower you to take control of your health by becoming your complete source for health-related information and comprehensive treatment solutions.

[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2002]
  3. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I fall asleep every time!! I did this yesterday and was out for 3 hours -- LOL

Thanks for sharing!

-Shoobie