Relief from diet...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gcoz, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Gcoz

Gcoz New Member

So, I'm 24 and I've been suffering from what seems like CFIDS for a few years now. It started when I had a massive panic attack and was put on zoloft and had cluster panic attacks for three straight weeks. After that, I've been kind of messed up, but carrying on. Working and doing what I can to get by. Recently, I noticed something strange. My symptoms get worse about an hour after eating. So, I started to think it might be something I was eating, specifically wheat. So, I cut out gluten and all of sudden, day by day, I'm getting better. The strange thing is, I ate wheat by accident the other day, and sure enough I started to feel sick about an hour later. I checked the box and found out there was wheat in what I ate. Maybe some people actually have a gluten intolerance. Just a thought.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

There has been a lot of information lately in the news about gluten intolerance. Those who know say more people have it than are aware of it. It could be you've hit on a solution for yourself! Congratulations!

Beth.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Your lucky you've figured this out! You could have gone on much longer without knowing what was making you sick. Thanks for passing this on. You may have helped someone else.
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm about to begin a pretty strict diet myself that includes no gluten (cereal, rice, pasta or most dairy products) and this gives me hope while I try to figure out how to avoid that large package of Drumsticks I just bought on sale last week. They sit in the freezer and call my name.

Thanks!
    Marta