relief from neuropathy, anyone????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Mar 14, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I have tried Klonopin, Gabitril and other meds (I can't think of right now)....so far I have taken Elavil the longest with the least side effects.
    I don't get satisfactory relief though. I have beed dx'd with neuropathy in both hands/arms and feet/legs. If I sit still I get involuntary legs kicks/jerks and standing still is difficult. I get humming and aching and burning up and down my arms and legs too. I stay away from red40, artificial sweetners and MSG as I have figured that they trigger migraines and restless leg/limb movement especially at night.
    I also have FMS,OA and very severe RA....should I try Neurontin or Topamax? Any suggestions are appreciated.
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

The normal med for that is like you said, Neurontin or Topamax. My son was on Topamax and it didn't help him. He was seeing a neurologist.

I'm so sorry you are having these problems. Possibly either one of the meds I mentioned would be good for you to try. Really up to what your doc thinks would be better.

Hope others can help you.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Nuerontin and Lyrica are both good for that.
    They helped me with the nerve pain, but I had to stop because of side effects.
    You might want to try one or the other and see how it works for you.
    I think it is worth a try.
    Hope that helps.:)
    Claudia