relieve for ibs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunslickie, Nov 26, 2002.

1. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi read your messages for ibs i have had it for ten years tryed everything i am now on colofac tablets 2 a day pluse i take fibrogel 1 a day and it really is helping i dont have that blotted afect as much or the pain hope this helps bye from belfast n.ireland
  2. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi read your messages for ibs i have had it for ten years tryed everything i am now on colofac tablets 2 a day pluse i take fibrogel 1 a day and it really is helping i dont have that blotted afect as much or the pain hope this helps bye from belfast n.ireland
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I've also had IBS for a little over 10yrs..After going through countless tests and a colonoscopy and being diagnosed with it I was put on an RX called Bentyl & also told to increase my fiber..All of which I did..After about 2-3yrs, I was taken off the Bentyl..My IBS involves mostly diarrhea..It has again "kicked in" more than usual..For now, I just take over the counter "Immodium" when really needed..My IBS seems to really go with my stress level..
    I see my gastro in a few weeks, and am thinking about asking for something instead of taking all this Immodium..
    The Bentyl really did wonders for me..
    But as I'm getting older (now 48), I also am experiencing some constipation at times..Just wanted to throw my 2cents in..
    Hope your medication works out for you....
    Take Care.........Donna
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Are the two of you taking any supplements to improve your gut health? I have found with my ibs....that treating the symptoms with rx's and over the counter meds...wasn't getting me anywhere....
    Karen
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Curious here, what kind of supplements do you take for IBS...
    Take Care.......Donna
  6. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

My doc once told me to take Metamucil 3x's a day.
    I did and it slows the loose bowels and it doesn't constipate me.
    I use the smooth texture orange flavor.

HOB
  7. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

But remember with metamucile you have to have a 2 hr intervel between meds. I get up at 7:30 am and drink my metamucile then have to wait 2 hrs before I take my meds. I would like to take it 3 times a day but havent gotton into a pattern where it doesnt interfere with my meds. They say it interacts with meds so they wont work if you take em at the same time. Just thought I'd share cause I didnt know this.
    Carla
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Have any had stool test done to check the ecology of the gut?
    Are taking probiotics to introduce beneficial bacteria?
    Or taking supplements such as berberine, or antifungals to kill off candida?
    Karen