Religion is...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by springwater, Mar 21, 2009.

1. springwater

springwater Active Member

Last night i put on the tv and just managed to see a lady in a lifestyle programme say this...

"Religion is for those who dont want to go to hell

Spirituality is for those who have been there".

God Bless

PS I place myself as amongst those who 'been to hell'.
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hi Springwater. I like that quote. I'm with you on another thing.....been there, sometimes am still there, trying to crawl back out.

vivian
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Have to agree with you and I personally believe that Hell is on earth and not after we die. Spirituality means a lot. I've been to hell right here on earth-- some of the others of us have also. Spirituality gets me through but hell on earth is why many long to die to get the peace after dying.

[This Message was Edited on 03/22/2009]
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Im glad you like that saying..it struck a chord within me, as it did you.

Julie thanks for your kind words. Although i dont know whether i deserve it completely..i do my share of raging at my brothers while i help out...but its an on going process of learning...to give freely..without any reservations...

God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2009]
  5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Gov't. and religion.... Jam you mentioned something about control and paying dues. Gov't. taxation is FORCED ,no choice. In religion thithing is voluntary, I attend a parish with almost 6,000 members. Only 819 contribute on a regular basis! Can't imagine what would happen if gov't had that low remittance on taxes! Jeanne