RELIGOUS QUOTES

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Pottersclay, May 8, 2006.

1. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"I've learned to hold everything loosely because it hurts when God pries my fingers from it." ~ Corrie Ten Boom
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

A wonderful quote - Corrie Ten Boom is one of my heroes! And her sister Betsy who died in a concentration camp, from giving shelter to Jewish refugees from the Nazis.

And a wonderful idea having religious quotes.

Blessings to you.
  3. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"The fewer the words, the better the prayer." ~ Martin Luther

Maybe he was saying. When we get to the point?
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future
    to a known God.

~ Corrie Ten Boom

(Corrie lived out this reality as she and her sister, Betsy were in a concentration camp, and they saw miracle after miracle there) They are two of my heroes.

By a "mistake" Corrie was let out of the concentration camp, and spent the rest of her life traveling and speaking of how God met them there. Her book, and a movie made from it are called 'The Hiding Place.'
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"God takes pleasure in those who honor him; in those who trust in his constant love."~ Psalm 147:11

"Without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."~ Hebrews 11:6

"Glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of-infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."~Ephesians 3:20

"I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you," says the Lord."~ Isaiah 46:3-4
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I pulled this from my promise portion box.

I needed it tonight. Isn't it so neat how God knows just what we need?

Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Josh. 1:9
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I enjoyed reading these and would like to read more. I come to the board everyday, reading some of the quotes. I think this is a wonderful idea and would like to see more of these quotes from all of you. It's actually my FIRST step to the message board each day.

Also, I want you ALL to know that my prayers are with each and everyone of you in your time of need for prayer.

God Bless You All,

Bluesky555
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Jesus is the "Potter" we are the "Clay."

Guess where I got my user name!?!

Dear Jesus: Mold me into the person you want me to be. AMEN

"You have no right to argue with your Creator. You are merely a clay pot shaped by a potter. The clay doesn't ask, "Why did you make me this way?"~Isaiah 45:9

"More than anything else, however, we want to please God, whether in our home here [on earth] or there [in heaven].~2Corinthians 5:9

"The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who are wise, who want to please God."
    ~ Psalm 14:2

"God has shaped each person in turn; now he watches everything we do."~ Psalm 33:15
  9. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"IF God does NOT exist, EVERYTHING is permissible."
    ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky