Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolK, Apr 20, 2006.

1. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I have recently heard about a product called "Reliv" that is supposed to help with FM and Chronic Fatigue... along with a whole host of other ailments.

Has anyone tried them? And do they work?? Or is this just another multi-level maketing scam?

Someone recently told me about the stuff and I just wanted to know if this works or is it another "snake-oil" product for others to make money off of.

Would appreciate any imput. Thanks... CarolK
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

but my son was little & got into both products & dumped it all on the floor. I had taken it for a few weeks but didn't notice a difference. I was pretty convinced - they even had a woman call me who had cfs & the Reliv supposedly cured her. I know a few people that say gatorade makes their fatigue a little better & one of their products is similar without the additives so maybe...AMY
  3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.... they are going to have a lady call me next week who has FM/CFS and talk to me. I am sure that I will hear glowing reports of how much better she feels on this stuff.

It sounds like a lot of testimonials and multi-level marketing stuff... that's why I am leary of it. Plus one of the reps told me she and her hubby make $12K per month selling the stuff!!

It will cost somewhere around $115 to $130 per month, or even more if I use it 3-4 times per day!! Somebody is getting pretty rich off that!

Thanks for giving me your input!

Blessings... CarolK
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  4. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

I've never tried Reliv but I was "recruited". If you take even one phone call they'll call you the next week then twice a week....and so on. They will bedazzle you with the fortunes they make (yes, it is a tiered company with you as their last rung) on the hopes that maybe that will hook you in. After all they will tell you "you can do this from home".

Confidentially is out the door too. When your salesperson gets you on the phone with all the "testifiers" and other salespeople they announce to everyone your name and your problem/s. They would probably even announce your address and phone number but they don't want to "give" you away.

After all of that I would not touch Reliv.

5. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

..and it gave me migraines..

The woman who convinced me to try it kept stressing the "money back guarantee", but when I told her what was happening and that my neurologist told me to quit using it, she had a COW!! :)

It took her about 30 minutes to write me a refund check. She was worried that I would bad-mouth it around town..

..and I had been buying jewelry from her other business for at least 10 years!

Just my experience..

julie (is free!)

I've got a picture and
    you've got a photograph
    We both see what we want to see.. - Radney Foster
  6. CarolK

CarolK New Member

And yes!! They have already set me up with a "testimonial phone appointment"!! Actually it will be my second phone call.

While I was talking to one distributor she got a second one on the line to give me her testimony!

Now I have a "phone appointment" for next week from someone else who has FM and is going to call me!

Perhaps the product is beneficial... but the sales tactics are absolutely not to my liking!

Thanks Dee for the information!! Blessings... CarolK
  7. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I see what you mean... they are already being pushing with me!

And they also stressed the "money back guarantee" thing with me too!!

If the stuff gave you headaches and your doctor told you to get off it... well then they should not have argued with you! That is just plain tacky and rude!!

Thanks Julie!! The more I read, the more I do not like the sound of this stuff!!

Blessings to you... CarolK
  8. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

A family member talked me into taking the products. One gave me really bad gas. They have you drink 3 or 4 powders (which they determine you need) and have you shake it up and drink it. Because of the fibro, I have a problem with nause anyway. I hung in there for 3 weeks feeling really awful from nausea for hours after I took my shake. The day after I stopped, the nausea and gas went away.

It really is a pyramid scheme and the people making the money are the few that started selling this 2 years ago. They're making a ton of money. I think those that feel it helps may have a placebo effect. It works because they want it to work and then you're pressured so much you start telling them it's helping to get them off your back. I have pages of testimonials and numbers for recorded messages. I was even told it had cured several cases of cancer.

This was another in a long line of expensive cures I've tried. I think I just get so desperate to be out of pain that I think I can't pass up the product just in case it's the one that works.

This family member wouldn't even give me a discount to try it. Relive tells the people that sell it to not discount it because it will mean more to the person buying it and so they will appreciate it more.

Oh Well--Chalk this one up to experience. I do hope it helps someone. For the price you pay it should do something.

Carol K. you probably talked to my relatives. They said they make 12k per month too

[This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  9. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Once again I appreciate the honesty of the people on this board.

I have seen enough here to know that I DO NOT WANT TO TRY IT!! Especially at the price they are selling it for!!

I am calling tomorrow and canceling the "telephone appointment" that I have scheduled for Monday.

Thank You LuAnn for giving me your "testimony" and telling me of your own experience!

Blessings to you LuAnne.... CarolK
  10. CarolK

CarolK New Member

BUMPING... Does anyone else have any experience with the
    Reliv line of products??

Would like to hear more... thanks!!

11. jo13

jo13 New Member

I have been on Reliv for 3 1/2 years. At that time I was taking a lot of prescription meds. A friend of my sister heard that I had fibro and told me I needed this "stuff". I told them no, but they were VERY persistant. I am SO THANKFUL that they didn't give up on me. I started taking the Reliv took me 3 months to see much results. I was ready to quit many times, thinking it was a waste of money, but my husband was very supportive and told me to keep going with it.

3 months after starting the product, both of us realized I was having a LOT more good days than I use to. 6 months later I had completely weaned myself off of my meds. I feel so much better than I had felt for years!!!!!

Yes, Reliv is network marketing. Yes, my sister's friend makes money off of me. But before Reliv I was giving our pharmacist a lot more money every month. I was giving my doctor money every 2 to 3 months.

Neither my doctor, nor my pharmacist offered me a way to make enough money to pay for my meds. My Reliv distributor offered that option. (Notice I said option)

One thing I need to clarify from a previous post. Reliv does NOT cure fibromyalgia. It only gives our bodies what it needs to fight off the symptoms. I still have fibromyalgia. I will always have fibromyagia. BUT, I can live with this. My worst days now are better than my best days used to be.

I will FOREVER BE GRATEFUL that someome did not give up calling me and continued to share other's stories with me. I admit at the time, I did not like it, but my distributor was determined not to let me say "no" until I knew what I was saying "no" to.

A friend of mine who has known me for the past 4 years commented last week on how much cleaner my house is than when she first met me. My entire family is happier now that I feel better and am able to cook and clean again.

12. Anita B.

Anita B. New Member

I tried the Reliv products. I used them for several months. They did not help with any of my symptoms. The person who sold me the product (and yes, it is sold on a multi-level marketing basis) really talked it up and told me how it cured CFS. She did a conference call with another woman who claimed it had cured her CFS. Afterwards, I realized that they were just trying to sell the products, and the woman who supposedly was cured of CFS on Reliv Classic was further up the chain and both stood to benefit if I purchased the products. They even offered a money-back guarantee, but who has the time and energy to package up the empty cans and mail them back? Not me. The purchase was a waste of money, and I didn't get my money back.
  13. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

BUT I do know two CFS / FM sisters who fell it got them both well. One of them had been almost an invalid for four years , and has a normal life now . Both swear by it , and think it is worth the money .
  14. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

A woman I know has described her own sister's entry into the Reliv sales force as "joining a cult" and won't use any more Reliv products, since she said they just didn't work.

Yes it is a multi-level marketing sales effort - so be aware.

15. srh

srh New Member

I haven't taken it, but was also curious about others who had. A man I work with, (Who is the sweetest little guy) told me about it. His wife was taking it, was able to quit taking her medicine for heart, diabetis, and gout. He swears by it and told me I really need to try it. He also said it wasn't the best taste in the world, but that you could mix with juice and it wasn't so bad.??
  16. CharlieL

CharlieL New Member

I have been taking Reliv for 8 months. It has been the answer to my years of prayer for relief from the pain and fatigue. I take the Classic, Innergize, Fibrestore and Provantage 3 times a day. I no longer need ANY of my prescriptions or the non-prescription pain killers! You could NOT take this away from me.

I had tried lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of things before, but this is the only thing that has worked for me! Believe me it is no scam. If anyone is considering trying Reliv, I say GO FOR IT!!!! Then let us know how you are doing.

17. jole

jole Member

I took Reliv for 8 months. Did it help? I really didn't think so, but at the time I was going through soooo much stress (Staying with my mother who died of cancer, lots of work issues afterward, MAJOR family issues, etc.) They kept telling me it wasn't a matter of IF it would work, but rather how long it took before it would work. I finally couldn't afford it anymore ($130/month along with all my meds), so I quit it.

Now, looking back, I have thought about trying it again. Because I honestly don't think I could have continued going under all that stress unless it was working!! But still don't have the money, and yep, I had those major gas issues with it too.

But I won't badmouth it because we all know what works for one won't work for all, and if I ever get a chance to quit work and have the money, I WILL try it again.

Friends - Jole

LISALOO New Member

Tried it, did not work. They told me it would heal my IC. Instead it hurt my IC. Didn't help my CFS.

Watch out for those who only post about Reliv helping. There are already a couple of posts here. Very fishy!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  19. Elee85

Elee85 Member

Reliv is MLM- that does not mean it is a scam!
    Here are some other GREAT MLM companies:
    -thirty one
    -origami owl
    -young living essential oils
    Etc etc etc
    It is a popular marketing venue....
    MLM does not(=)scam..

Reliv actually has an Awesome story of how they got started as a company,
    A WIDE variety of people use these products for a wide variety of reasons-
    Mainly to supplement (because you can't get all your nutrition from food
    Alone in America anymore/unless you grow your own)
    Another GREAT benefit of Reliv is they have control or their ingredients
    From seed to can! So they can be sure they have no GMO ingredients in
    Their products. That's huge.
    And $130 per month is a great price when compared to other great products
    (If your supplements are cheap-that is NOT a good sign-especially if there is soy
    In the product! Non GMO soy is great for you and packed with nutrition- and not
    Just want to get the facts in there.
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you see anyone who incorporates a link or website for selling this produce, please click on "Report" in blue at the bottom of the post. It is against the rules to use our website for selling products. Thank you.

Love, Mikie