Relocation for better climate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monet61, Jul 31, 2006.

1. monet61

monet61 New Member

Hi all:
    I'm in the process (early) of relocating to Central California from the Northeast. The winters are killing me here as is the humidity. I've been to Cali a number of times and even my doc says "you'll find you're a new woman" once I get there.

Just wondering if y'all experience the same thing with cold and humidity. Additionally, the lack of sunlight here is awful (average 60 days per year) and I know that part of the relocation will also boost the way I feel.
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

We're moving from NYC to a town just north of San Francisco. Every year I say I won't be here for another New York winter. Now, I'm finally doing something to make it happen. The weather really is killing me and I always feel better in California.
  3. Daisys

Daisys Member

I'm in the moderate PNW but still want to move because of the dark, dank winters. It's like living in a cellar here for many months every year.

My husband works on the water and so we'll wait til he retires and then move, most likely, to Colorado. It's so dry there I never was bothered by the cold, and I feel a lot better at a high altitude. (Maybe because I grew up there?)

N. CA is so beautiful, that's another option. We're still discussing where to go, and have years to decide.

This past heat wave (mid 90s) really laid me low. I just breathed and waited for it to pass--no kind of life for me. We don't have AC here because it's been so rare to get hot around here--altho, with global warming, that's changing recently. We may get a unit for one room for the few days a year we'd need it.
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

to more sunlight. We live in very northern coastal CA, and we have lots of fog, and during the winters we have lots of rain and cloudy days....plus, it is very dark for long periods.

We are moving 4 hours east, to a little town in NO. CA whic has seasons, and even though there is some snow in the winter, there is sun most days. With my depression, I feel the sunlight will be of great help. Also, I am really looking forward to the springs and the autumns...My husband loves warmer weather so it will be great for him.

We are taking a two-week vacaation to work on our property and camp at a wonderful caming area with a great lake...a favorite spot for many years.

I am hoping the warmth will help this constant ache and the sunlight help the depression. I wish all of you the best with your moves. This move will be good for us in a number of way, not the least the improvement of our health...exercise will be easier there and it will truly help my husband who has no serious problems as long as he keeps active.

Best to each of you in your quest for better quality of life.

Sue
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I hate the weather here but DH keeps dragging us back here. I love scenery and friends etc, but yk the weather...

We used to live in both Port Townsend and Sequim in WA(peninsula) state coast and it is in the rainshadow of the olympics and has near perfect weather year round.

I am so mad we are no longer there-14inches of rain yet lots of irrigation from snow melt off mountains. One light fall of snow a year but lots of snow up the mopuntains for skiing, mild weath 68 to 80 summers and 35 to 55 winters.

Cheap taxes and fuel too.

There was never a day we were nto walking up a mountain or on the beach.

Good luck,

Love Anne Crowmell