Relora for sleep

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by mbofov, Jun 1, 2013.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I keep experimenting, trying new things and my latest success story is with Relora. It contains magnolia bark and another compound and is very relaxing and is helping with sleep. I'm taking 2 capsules before bed and one in the middle of the night when I wake up. I fall asleep earlier and sleep deeper. I also take melatonin and l-theanine before bed, and more l-theanine in the middle of the night with relora. I also take 0.5 mg. of lorazepam in the middle of the night - that's my worst time.

Middle of the night insomnia can be an indication of high cortisol levels then, which I had at one time, but I don't think that's the case now. I think my brain is just wired to be too active then, and the relora really seems to be helping with that.

I was taking glycine awhile ago to help with sleep. It helped initially quite a bit but then seemed to be causing more insomnia. I read that it was very calming but when I dug a bit deeper, found that it could both stimulate and calm you, so unfortunately had to stop it (see

But I do like the relora very much (at least for now!) Also, I had been taking a small dose of Seriphos figuring my cortisol was high, but have stopped that now, the Relora is doing the job by itself. Magnolia bark is one of the ingredients in Corti-Slim, which is supposed to help lower high cortisol.

[ advertisement ]