Remedon Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamBam, Sep 18, 2005.

1. MamBam

MamBam New Member

Is anyone taking remedon for sleep? Help, need some advice about this new medication. I am hesitant to take it but cannot get restful deep sleep at night.
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I haven't heard of Remedon but have you tried Restoril or Xyrem yet?
  3. MamBam

MamBam New Member

Thanks for your quick response... I am really distressed about this.

I have not heard of restoril or xyrem. Can you tell me more? What kind of drugs are they?
  4. MamBam

MamBam New Member

Thanks for your quick response... I am really distressed about this.

I have not heard of restoril or xyrem. Can you tell me more? What kind of drugs are they?
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Restoril is great!! Especially if you absorb medication. It actually had me feeling a lot better with everything for about three weeks. Due to my severe absorbtion problem it was still working but didn't start working until the morning so I couldn't get out of bed. If I didn't have to get out of bed that would be great. Most people don't have absorbtion problems like I do. Please try this first and let me know how you feel.

I finally got Xyrem which should be the last straw. It tastes horrible and I am having some side effects from it. Most people go right to sleep on this but it took me 5-6 hours to get to sleep and I had to drag myself out of bed dizzy and not feeling well. I think I may go back to Restoril tonight. This way I can feel better until I start Dr. Murphees protocol.

I think Restoril is great but you have to have a back up plan to get better while you are feeling better.