Remember how upset I was about my brother's wedding?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Sep 12, 2008.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

In a little less than twelve hours I'll have a new sister-in-law...they truly seem to be in love although I'm still not sure what that is. I went to the rehersal dinner baby bro almost cried when he gave a speech of "thank you" to everyone. No one ever cries in my family and I was almost no good! For tonight and hopefully tomorrow I'll be putting my beliefs about marriage aside and hope the best for them, while having fun too. I changed my dedication to an old school song...The Best of Times by Styx...just loved the word arrangement.

Anyway thanks for your thoughts and support before about being there for the young new couple...I can always fall apart after the wedding and reception :)

2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I had a feeling you'd get sucked into the love parade. With all the happiness and joy at a wedding, you just can't help but have a good time. And sometimes love is forever. I have been married to the same wonderful man for 28 years( OMG I'm old!) and even though we are bored silly, we are quite content.

Great song choice!

Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding! Let us know how it went.
  3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

and the bride...simply stunning. Their colors were navy blue and silver and on the center piece of her train there was an embellished navy blue panel in her train. She also had a hint of navy blue in her front panel...I've never seen anything like it...sooo pretty. They both were gushing all over the place and my bro kept saying "See you're smiling..." like he didn't have better things to do at his own wedding then to make sure I was smiling. I even danced some...I love dancing but it's been a long while. So now I'm home and yes a little bummed but also exhausted so hopefully I won't think about things too much and just fall asleep.