Remember me in Prayer...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fairydust39, Sep 22, 2007.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I miss Al so very much but he is done with the suffering now and I'm glad that his trouble is over now.
    It is hard for me b/c we live out of town but we have neighbors that are not too far away. I don't have anyone to stay with me and wish there was someone. Nights are the worst time. None of my family live nearby. They all live out of state.
    My Cochlear implant is doing great and I'm hearing birds ,I hear myself eating crunchy stuff and drinking water LOL Sounds really funny.
    I can use the phone now with the Wiliam Sound pocket talker. It has a link into the phone and then I use a neck loop. I didn't miss one word!!! I just crack the Wm. Sound on. I know I could use the phone without the pocket talker but feel a little more secure with it, just now.

Remember me in Prayer!
    Love Shirley
  2. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I feel for you so badly!!!! I am praying for you. I prayed already this morning. I have made a list of all the requests on this board. I wish I lived close to you so I could come and stay with you for awhile. That's what you need. Someone to stay with you. Is there not anyone in your church that is alone themselves that would not come and stay with you for about a week or two? Just during the fresh time of losing him? I was so surprised to hear that you had already gone back to church. That is great! You really are doing well, but I just don't think you need to stay alone all the time. It would seem that there would be a single person, either young or older, that could stay with you. And don't you feel bad about asking them either!!!!!! Your church members loved your husband and they would want to do anything for you that would help you, his wife. I know they love you too.
    Sometimes people don't know exactly what is needed and so don't know what to do. What state do you live in?

I will talk to you later in the day today, OK? I told you in the other prayer request thread to send me message at any time. I mean it. I will talk with you any time. I will start checking late at night to see if you need to talk it through some. My computer does crazy things and just goes off sometimes, and it does not work at all in the chat room.

My heart is going out to you, truly. I can only think of myself in your situation and how I would feel, and it hurts.

Talk to you later on today, OK?

Love in Christ,
    Mimi
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I live in Mt.Savage, Maryland, It in the Panhandle of Maryland.
    No our church is small and all are Married ! I think my Sister and her husband are coming for a few days on Oct. 4th. They live in Pa. and I have to go get them. Their car is not in good shape.
    All the church members would help that way if they could.
    My children live out of state also,and work everyday.
    Love Shirley
  4. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Oh, I see and totally understand with eeryone being married. That will be great if your sister and her husband could come for a few days. Will also give you something to look forward to. It is hard when our children live out of state. I have 3, two of whom are married that live here close to us and my son lives in AZ and we miss him and his family so much and only get to see them about 2 times a year.

If you need to talk or have another prayer need, just let me know. I have you down on my prayer list in my prayer book right now, so know that your are being prayed for daily by me and I know several others. Wish we were closer to be able to help in more ways.

Love you in christ,
    Mimi
  5. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I am praying for you and hope that you are able to feel God's closeness to you. I pray that He will wrap His arms around you and help you through this very difficult time. I know that it cannot be easy at all. I will be praying for you daily.

Am glad to hear that some of your family will be able to come and spend time with you and I know that this will help you greatly.

Gentle Hugs and prayers,

Cheryl888881
  6. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Hi,
    How have you been doing? Just want you to know that you are still in my prayers daily and pray that you are comforted by them. Is your family still getting to come to visit? I know that you must be anxious for them to come.

God Bless you and let us know if there is anything we can pray for specifically.

Your friend in Christ,
    Mimi
  7. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

All of my immediate family have passed away but one sister and my children.They all live out of state.
    My husband and I were very close and we were best friends. Al and I didn't have any close friends b/c we spent all our time together for 25 yrs. We worked together and came home together and never did much with anyone! WE visited our children,went to church,etc.We were happy just to be with each other. We had lots of acquaintances but no close friends.
    Death is so final and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack but never had one before so don't know if that's what I am feeling. Just hearing a song we shared almost puts me over the edge! I just stop and pray ,the feeling goes away.
    I could not do this without my deep faith in God and my close walk with Jesus. Al has been a minister for a long time and our love of God, got us through any troubled times.
    We prayed with our children and share our faith in God with them.
    Now God will take care of me too.
    Love Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2007]
  8. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I have never lost a mate through death so I don't know the feelings you are having, however I have experienced many losses in my life and I know that through them all God has been so extremely close to me. There was one particular time when I was in so much sorrow that all I could do was just sit and cry out to God and you know I felt that God actually reached down to me in my bed and wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth. I have had many other experiences where I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has made his presence known to me in such a real way that it was just so awesome.

I believe with all my heart and soul that even in the deepest time of sorrow, grief, depression, etc. that God is with us. My favorite verse of scripture is when Jesus went to the Garden of Gesthemane to pray all night and he literally begged God to let this "cup pass from me". It is my favorite scripture because it shows the humanness of Jesus like no other verse in the Bible to me. And I know that if even Jesus wanted His father to please try another way to save man kind, even knowing in his heart, mind and soul it had to be his sacrifice that God had to use, it could be no other way. Then indeed God is with me in my deepest hour of need for He is my father also.

So what I am praying for you is that even in the darkest hours of your sorrow, and there will be many, that our gracious Heavenly Father will reach down with his gentle arms and hold you and let you know that you are not alone.

May God continue to be with you as you go through this hard time in your life.

Gentle Hugs and Love,

Cheryl888881
  9. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

My daughter Sherry is going to take me on a camping trip to Va.Beach. So from Oct. 4th to the 7th I'll be there. My husband and I went camping,we had an RV and loved to go in it. We went to Prince Edward Island on our last trip. He was sick then but we didn't know it ,as Cirrhosis has no signs only tirdness. His stomach was swollen too some then. He never drank at all.
    Yes I trust in God and I know that God will see me through this all. This winter is when it will be bad,not getting out and all. I have lots of things around here to do before moving. I have to co-ordinate the sale of the house with finding a rental that's nice. Don't know how to do that!!
    Love you all
    Shirley
  10. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

Glad to hear that your daughter is taking you camping. That will help you very much. Thank God for her.

Are you going to stay in the same town that you are in now when you sell your house or are you going to move closer to children? I know that God will work out all the details for you, even though it seems overwhelming to you now.

Gentle hugs,

Cheryl888881
  11. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I will move out of my home b/c it is a remote location and we have a huge yard that I can't mow myself. I could stay here this winter and try to sell my house. I hope to move closer to Robin but then I will be in an area, that I don't know anyone but my daughter.It is so hard to know what to do ! I will continue to ask God's guidance in my life.Please pray that I make the correct decision,on moving from this house.
    Love Shirley
  12. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I can see that God is working through your life and I think that you are doing remarkably well under the circumstances. Your writings show that you are a true Christian and believe that the Lord will continue to guide you. You cannot go wrong with Him by your side. Just pray very carefully about your move. I know what you mean. My husband and I just had to make a major decision this year about where we wanted to spend our retirement years and we chose to stay where we are even though we are 700 miles from our children and grandchildren. I so wanted to be with them and be able to watch them grow up but after much prayer and consideration we decided it would be best for both of us to remain in our present state. Sometimes it is just better to "be alone" so to speak.

I know that the Lord will continue to guide you in your every move and that He is watching over you with the love of a father. Isn't it great to know that even when we feel the most "alone" we are never alone????!!! Praise His name forever!!!

I will continue to pray for you and all the decisions that you have to make at this difficult time and I know that God will lead you in the way you are to go.

Gentle Hugs and Prayers,

Cheryl888881

13. greatgran

greatgran Member

My prayers are with you and so sorry over your loss .

Remembering you in my prayers,
    greatgran
  14. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes I believe that God is guiding me and has give me peace but I am still very lonely. I went to church today but it doesn't feel right without Al being there.All I did was sit there and cry. Life is not good when you have no one to share it with.
    I took my sister home Sat. and it was really nice having her with me for a few days. We talked a lot about both our lives and how much we love God and hope that we can full fill our jobs on this earth before we die.
    Thank You all for the Prayers
    Love Shirley
  15. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

My prayers for you today are for your lonliness. I pray that God will help fill that lonliness and help you get through this grieving time. I am sure that going to chcurch, where your precious Al served, would be a very hard thing to do, but you are facing it headon, and that shows your strength in the Lord. God Bless You.
    I am praying specifically for your lonliness today.

Sister in Christ,
    Mimi
  16. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That is so neat about your implant! I am glad you have it and can hear now! I bet you stay on the phone talking quite a bit, haha!

I am so sorry about the loss of your husband. I can't imagine the loneliness you must feel. I would suggest moving close to your daughter unless you have a lot of friends there where you are.

I'll be praying for you!

Take Care!
    Kellyann