Remember we are online. I hate to say it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

but I think we all have to remember that we are on the internet when we post here or anywhere. Unfortunately there are people who will go to great lengths to get personal information but also to convince people who have these dd's that this or that treatment is THE answer. I'm
    not saying it is happening here and now but it does happen.

One group came into a chat support room I used to be in and stayed a long time to become familiar and trusted. Then one by one they started saying they were trying a "new therapy" and how great it was working. Someone caught on finally that something was amiss...as this therapy was
    extremely expensive and not accepted by the mainstream like our insurance companies.

Of course there are some legitimate places that our insurances won't cover but it's up to us to do checking as much as possible. I know Quack Watch is not well thought of here but much of what they point out is in agreement with the
    AMA, FDC etc.. It's worth at least checking therapies on there in a well rounded investigation of something new.

And it's important not to post things you wouldn't want the general public to know
    about you or your treatment. There ARE elements out there that would love to just see us all in these dd's with as little pain relief and off the record therapy as possible. Just be alert is all
    I'm saying.
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

And just the mention of quackwatch is going to set off an explosion of replies. I suggest you get ready!

Take care, Sally