Remember, you ARE NOT Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Nov 16, 2009.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Here is a piece of advice that I gave to myself today that I wanted to share with my "pain pals" with FM.

Having energy DOES NOT make you NORMAL, any more than having a cape makes you Wonder Woman!!! :eek:D

ROFL (Rolling on the floor laughing - or I would be if it didn't hurt so much!!! HA)
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

so true and something I try to remind myself of also,altho there are times I forget and get a very painful reminder!
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I'm glad that you have times where you feel great & that you are able to laugh about this.....I am starting to forget what feeling great is like, it has been so long, but I do still try to maintain my sense of humor, and I do know that it is easy to overdo it when I feel even a little better than usual

as to NORMAL.......normal is highly overrated : )
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Normal IS overrated!!! Why be normal when you can be so much more... I would just like to be more than less for a change!!!
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I hear you
  6. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi lvjesus,

I'm so sorry that little burst of energy you got is coming back to bite you. It's awesome that you can laugh about it!

A quote from Steel Magnolia's, "Laughter through tears is my favority emotion." I love that movie but it makes me cry every time. :)

My boyfriend wanted to me go to an SEC football game with him this past weekend. (He was given a parking pass and Box tickets from work.) I took everything in my little bag of tricks to make it through. I DID IT! I felt terrible but I had just enough energy to get home. I'm still paying for it though. It felt awesome to come through for my boyfriend... He really wanted me there with him to hang out with his co-workers.

I know what you mean about not being Wonder Woman... I was for those few hours though!!!

7. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi thanks for that.
    Last tuesday i went to Hope hospital in salford to the pain clinic & i saw a consultant he talked to me & examined me & told me that the reason im in such crippling pain is because for the past 5 months im having a massive flare up of my Fibro.
    I couldnt believe it because i know ive really slowed down i guess it just flares up from time to time.
    At least i know whats causing the pain now.
    Take care.