Remembering 9/11.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I remember getting ready for work, listening to the radio. The DJ said a small plane had hit a WTC tower. I turned on the TV and saw the rerun of the plane slicing through the building.

My husband had taken our youngest to school and I yelled for him to come upstairs. As he walked in another plane hit the second tower. Jim said, "We are under attack.." My mind reeled.

It was the first day of preschool where I taught. A parent walked in and mentioned a flight that hit the Pentagon and the flight in PA. We hadn't heard about these jets yet. Like most of us, I found our world very unreal. Not safe anymore..

My heart and prayers are with those who had loved ones die. How their lives have changed. I honor all of those who helped trying to save others. Citizens, doctors, nurses, and of course the brave Firefighters and Police who gave their lives, and for the ones who survived and live with memories of their beloved coworkers who never returned.

It's given me a chance to pause and reflect. My life is very blessed, illness and all.

My prayers to all. If anyone had a loved one die on that horrid day, please know you are in my heart and thoughts..

In honor of those who gave their lives and the BRAVE survivors who were left behind....

Kim

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hung my flag out very early this AM so people going to work and school would see it and be reminded that we are all Americans who suffered an attack on our country and way of life 5 years ago.

I too am praying for those who lost loved ones that day and for the people who have also lost loved ones in the aftermath of this unprovoked attack.

I am thankful for all who serve so our lives can go on, our freedom continue, and our children and grandchildren exist in the land that has my heart and my gratitude for the freelife and opportunities I have had during my lifetime.

God bless America.

Sue
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

all those who lost their lives and their loved ones. Remembering the feeling of confusion and loss of security in my homeland. Remembering how the country came together as one. Remembering 9-11. Not forgetting who did this to us.
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

BIG BUMP
  5. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I have thought about that horrific day 5 years ago at least a hundred times today. I have said prayers for the families that lost their loved ones and a thank you to all of those that lost their lives in the line of duty.

I remember very clearly that day. I was lying flat on my back with a huge back brace on because I had just gotten home from the hospital after back surgery. My children had gone to school and my husband (then fiance') was working in washington, dc. At the time, I lived about 30 minutes away from the plane crash in Pennsylvania. I heard the military jets going over my house. I have never felt so helpless in my life. It took almost 5 hours to hear from my fiance' and I was in a total panic until I heard from him.

The pain from that day will forever be in my heart and personally, I think they should make September 11 a national remembrance day.

Lis
  6. azbubba

azbubba New Member

I posted my experience that day on my blog. Link is in my profile, if you care to read.

And yes. 9/11 should always be a day of remembrance.

Bubba