Remembering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crimsonfox, Mar 19, 2003.

1. crimsonfox

crimsonfox New Member

does anyone have problems remembering how to spell words or you mean to say one thing and something totally different comes out?
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

Boy do I ever have a problem with spelling.I think I know how to spell something then when I get ready to type it,the spelling is just gone.I have to read my postings so many times to get them right that sometimes I feel like I've worn the words out. LOL I also leave words out,then when I reread it I'd swear that I put them in but they aren't there. LOLOL Sometimes I think I should go back to first grade but with the fibrofog I'd probably fail. LOL
    bejo
  3. stickley4u

stickley4u New Member

I figured I was the only one doing that. Like Root Beer usually comes out Root Berry and back is bark. So similar and my honey finds it amusing (he'll say no Root Beer or Root Berry!) Gosh I am glad I'm not alone on this. Thank you, Crimsonfox.
  4. teller7

teller7 New Member

Yes, I've done that alot lately. It makes me so upset sometimes. I think I'm typing one word and it comes out something different. I have to double check all the time. When I'm talking to my husband sometimes I can't think of what I'm saying or forget in the middle of a sentence. It's very frustrating. I forget a word and it drives me nuts. I asked him if he will love me and stay with me if I don't get better. He tries to make light of it for my sake. He said sure I'd be his entertainment. I know that he worries about me and he can't believe what this has done to me. But, he has been so great through all of this. We've been married for 30 years so I guess he won't want to break in a new one. hahaha I was joking.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Crimsonfox, love your name! Welcome to the board. Yes, I do have a serious problem with remembering how to spell words, sometimes the simplest word will stump me!

Also I will be speaking and my head has one word in it to say, but something entirely different will come out of my mouth!

It seems to be quite common with Fibromyalgia. I know my mind is still in tack, as I have been dealing with this for many years now.

I keep a little 'Language Master' right by the computer for my spelling, if I didn't you guys would think I am speaking in a strange language most of the time.

Some days its worst than others.

Glad you found our board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. dghoover

dghoover New Member

There are days worse than others, but on my bad days I stay to my self so I don't have to say to much. As far as Spelling it takes me so long to a letter I don't any more than I have to, because I have to look up things to make sure its spelt right.

Debra
  7. jka

jka New Member

spelling words,trying to put names in alphbet order,loosing my train of thought. it's awful!sometimes i think it's worse then the pain.i go grocery shopping-with a list- and still come home without some things.someone will tell me something-and it's gone.i have to write things down and then remember where i put the note!

kathy c
  8. crimsonfox

crimsonfox New Member

I am really new to all of this and finding this board has helped me so much. It is still really hard for me to accept this and listening to all of you is helping me deal with alot especially the anger. I am so used to doing things for myself and now there are very few things I can do without causing extreme pain. Having to ask for help with pracically everything has really upset me. I love to work in my garden. I could move my pots if i needed to or whatever needed to be done, now i can't and i get really upset about it. I guess today is a bad day all the way around, thank you for listening. It helps so much.