Reminder About Posting URL's Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Posting URL's here is not permitted. We have so many new members that I felt I had to reiterate the rule against posting them.

We have made only a few exceptions in the past and it was for advocacy purposes. As I recall, it was for signing a petition.

We do not want to discourage advocacy for recognition of, and research for, our illnesses. If a member feels this issue is important enough and has a website URL where members can sign petitions or make requests for public awareness, he or she should request that the webmaster allow it. You can click at the bottom of the page ot e-mail him. I caution though that y'all not overwhelm him with requests as he is very busy keepin us up and running.

What cannot be done is just posting the URL and asking everyone to write to that person. Most websites can easily be found by using one's search engine, like Yahoo or Google). It is OK, for instance, to request that everyone write to Oprah, but it is against the rules to post the URL for her website.

Also, no posting "site(dot)com" this is still considered a URL..

I hope this helps clear up any misunderstanding. Continuing to post URL's can be grounds for being banned.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just bumping so all can see.

Love, Mikie
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

Thanks for the clarification. One question: may we suggest looking at a website without also including the URL? An example using our own website: "You can find that article at the Immune Support website," or, "Look for that article at Immune Support." Would that be okay?

Thanks,
    -Pearl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, we often mention the name of a website; we just cannot give out the URL for that website.

Love, Mikie