REMINDERS for us with CF/FM.......... ETC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Apr 18, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Thoughtful reminders to help us all!

1. Decisions about which body part to wash depend on which doctor you're seeing today, i.e., face/ears for the ENT; feet for the podiatrist; arms for blood tests; etc...

2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.

3. Read labels carefully. Ever notice how much the can of room freshener resembles the can of deodorant?

4. Remember to warn your spouse before kissing if you've just taken your herbal remedies, since your breath now smells like hay.

1. If you can't remember what it is you're cooking in the pot, whatever it is, it can probably use more salt.

2. Do not toss that cold cup of coffee into the dryer or set the iron in the refrigerator to cool off, no matter how good an idea it may seem at the time.

3. When your husband tells you "Don't worry about dinner, just throw some frozen chicken in the oven and forget it", DON'T forget it.

4. When everything INCLUDING the can opener is dirty, it may be time to wash some dishes.

5. It's bad manners to fall asleep at the table, especially in the food.

6. If you're having a bad day, there's nothing better than pizza and quiet.

1. Always place a Post-It Note on the dashboard telling you where you're going. And when you get there, place another on the dashboard that says HOME.

2. Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.

3. Always carry a GPS in your car and with you so 1)you can find your car in the parking lot and 2) find your home.

1. If you have to vacuum the bed, it's time to change the sheets.

2. If you take the dog for a walk, make sure HE brings YOU back.

3. Never mind about taking one day at a time. Just stick to one THING at a time.

4. Try to spend at least 45 minutes each morning doing one get-up.

5. Work at learning something new every day, like sitting up, for example...

6. Remember to breathe when napping especially if outside. It's unnerving & scary to awaken and see vultures staring at you. . .

2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Forget about the vacuum....I just let my cats and dogs clean up the cracker crumbs on my bed!! They work for free and think they're getting a "treat"

If your family runs out of underwear cuz you're so behind on the laundry, just tell them to re-use a dirty pair. Just remember, yellow in the front, brown in the back. (sorry, that's an old one that my sisters and I used to crack up over when we were kids)
  3. Springfling

Springfling New Member

Thanks for the laugh. I have got to send this to my sister who also has Fibro. We are always teasing her because she always forgets what she is doing!!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I actually have two vultures which sit on the building across the pond from my lanai. They appear to be staring into my condo. Yikes!

Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is funny, but there's not too much exaggeration here.

I just burned the micro-wave popcorn.

Two days ago I started out to put a coke in the refrigerator so it would chill. Somehow I opened it instead and poured it in a glass.

Gordon always says, "Oh, well, that's just minor stuff."

Yes, but it's my mind that no longer works. Hardly a trivial matter when viewed from that angle.

6. victoria

victoria New Member

I've done similar things, and some of the things up there aren't necessarily an exaggeration at all, like the 'don't forget the chicken in the oven' one - I've done it! ......... as many of us have.

Believe me, I know it's scary too, personally and for my family (my son still does 'off' things due to chronic lyme); was just trying to give at least a smile, depending on the person...

all the best,

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

These are funny! I particularly like the 'read labels carefully' one as yesterday I used lime scale remover in place of laundry stain remover & wondered why the clothes went green.

..............& the 'remember to breathe' is hilarious! Fortunately we don't have vultures here, just crows.
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I guess my post looks like I am throwing cold water on the humor.

I just meant to say here's some goofy stuff I've done lately. Taken individually, it's minor stuff and often funny. But it also has serious implications.

I feel like Blanche (Rue McClanahan) on the Golden Girls. I have always depended on my beauty and now it's slipping away.

Anyway, always enjoy the funny stuff you post.