Remission from Flu?? I'm so curious!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smilemona, Jul 8, 2003.

1. smilemona

smilemona New Member

I read a post where someone said that perhaps getting flu was putting their symptoms into remission. Has anyone else experienced this?

I got a flu 2.5 years ago right before my symptoms started...and haven't had it since! I don't get *sick* that way anymore.

We've thought that giving me the Flu shot would make me sick for a while...but I never considered that a flu could put me into remission?

I'd love to hear more people's experiences with this...and/or expertise.

Thanks!

2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Hi there. I have thought it strange (or good luck) that for the past few years, I haven't caught even a sniffle. Of course the flares are much worse than having a cold. Then about 3 weeks ago, my son's WELL baby visit to the doctor brought home a bug. Son was sick only a few days, but my hubby and I took over. I have bronchitis now, have had for 3 weeks. I used to get it all the time when I was younger, but it's been years since I've had it. Well, low and behold, my flares have basically stopped! I have a rib cage pain at night that never goes away, but my hip has not hurt once! I think our immune systems are too busy fighting the flu/cold/whatever that it's ignoring the FM or something! Who knows?
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

in the past 6 years. I attribute that to the roommate I had at the time who worked in fast food (and therefore was around lots of people). MUCH different than before I got the CFS....
  4. smilemona

smilemona New Member

....for sharing your experiences with getting sick/not getting sick.

I tend to share the belief that my system is *preoccupied* with the stuff going on with me now -- and is too busy to deal with the common cold/flu that I watch people around me get.

It's interesting that your flares are much better with the bronchitis. It will be interesting to see what happens when the bronchitis is gone, eh? :)

Has anyone out there taken the flu shot with FM or CFS symptoms already present? What did you notice, if you did?
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

And haven't seemed to notice anything different from before (with our lousy memories though, who can be sure! :).