Remission/help from sleeping pills anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Jun 26, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

My doctor is afraid to put me on a sleeping aid as I take Klonopin for anxiety (it has addictive potential) and tramadol (addictive potential). She claims that Ambien, Lunesta and Sonata have addictive potential. But has anyone experienced significant help from these sleeping agents? I toss and turn a lot.

blessings to you all
    baanders
  2. jvrealty

jvrealty New Member

TRY MELOTONIN. YOU CAN BUY IT FROM PROHEALTH.COM OR ANY HEALTH FOOD OR DRUG STORE. IT WORKS FOR ME. I WAS ON ELAVIL AND I GAINED WEIGHT. WENT OFF ELAVIL AND LOST WEIGHT IMMEDIATELY. I AM HAPPY WITH MELOTONIN.

HOPE THIS HELPS!. LOOK AT OTHER POSTS ON MELOTONIN TO SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
  3. baanders

baanders New Member

I just wanted to know specifically about Ambien, Lunesta, and Sonata. Thanks so much anyway, that was really kind of you to offer some advice!

best wishes
    baanders
  4. baanders

baanders New Member

My doctor gave me samples of Skelaxin and I'm afraid to take it because of my list of 35 meds I'm sensitive to. Skelaxin side effects may include nausea and vomiting...I hate that most of all. Anyone take skelaxin and didn't toss your bile? Hehe.

baanders
  5. dleaning

dleaning New Member

prescribed Zanaflex for sleeping. It is a muscle relaxer. I still take Simply Sleep along with it.
  6. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi, Ive tried alot of sleeping meds the only one that works 6-7 hrs is Ambien CR. My insurance dosent cover it. But its worth it.
  7. baanders

baanders New Member

Thank you.

best wishes to everyone.
    baanders
  8. baanders

baanders New Member

at least I have been getting a good 8 hours of sleep now...even if I do toss and turn. Better than staying up!

I love The Shake...it helps with a lot of things...

Thanks~!
    baanders
  9. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

I take 1 mg. Lorazepam (generic for Ativan) at bedtime for sleep. I've taken it for over a year now and it really does work for me.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I have tried all 3 meds. for sleep that you've mentioned. I currently take ambien, and have for about 4 yrs. now. Before ambien I tried ambien cr,lunesta, and sonata-NOTHING. Ambien combined with zanalex (muscle relaxer) is what I take if I want to sleep period. I have tried every natural supplement there is even melatonin, but it did nothing for me. You will probably have to try different meds. till you find what works for you.

Kriket
  11. baanders

baanders New Member

Yeah, I'll probably need to keep taking the shake and experimenting with drugs (legal, of course :)

baanders
  12. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Simply Sleep is an over the counter sleep aid from Tylenol.

Hope that helps!

Dawn