REMISSION OR JUST GETTING BETTER ???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FOYBOYFOY, Feb 7, 2007.

1. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

first and foremost thanks for your time.

as my profile sTates ive been sick for 1 year, seen
    11 doctors and have been dx with :
    CFS & FM
    STRESS
    VIRUS
    ONSET OF LUPUS
    SOME AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
    just to name a few. over the past year ive had good spurts.

have a few good days and bam, feel like crap again. for the last week ive been feeling very good. the emotional roller coaster(as many of you have had) of feeling good then bad then good.

anyways the last week has been amazing, what the heck is going on. is this remission or am i getting better.

last thing, i was living and working in cal and would retire and move to be with my wife who was already in arizona when i became ill. my infectious disease doctor told me once i move to az to be with my wife i would get better-he perdicted one year. well folks its been one year. am i getting better????
    GOD BLESS AND THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was just diagnosed with Fibro,but have been suffering for yrs without a diagnosis. I also have other health issues that need addressed.

I hope that this remission or recovery or just it going dormant lasts for as long as possible.

your friend,
    fun ;)

I am by the way in freezing Chicago!!! brrr... :)
  3. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

Whatever it is ENJOY!

I had one day when I realized something was wrong...I felt like my old self....it was wonderful, but that was all I got was one day.

Enjoy and I hope you continue to feel Great!
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm so happy you feel good and I don't want to rain on your parade, really I don't. I know it is great to feel normal but let me tell you about my first year or so of CFS.

I became ill in March of 04. I felt normal for about a week in May. I then went into a slow steady decline until I was hospitalized in late June. After several weeks I felt fine.

I over-exerted myself helping my neighbor catch his horse (sounds worse than it was) and later that day began to feel ill again, I worsened until I was in bed for several weeks and missed two months of work (mid Aug-mid Oct)I began to recover and in November woke up one day and felt fine. It lasted 10 days.

Then for a few months I would have several weeks of illness separated by a week or so where I felt normal until I went into a remission in May of 05. I had not been Dx and thought I was finally well. I crashed again 6 weeks later and have never had a normal day since.

So my point is: enjoy feeling good but continue to live within your energy envelope. Do not over do it, take things slow, return to your normal activities very gradually. I truly believe if someone had told me this back then I would not be as sick as I am now and maybe I wouldn't be sick at all.

I'm glad you feel better, good luck and please keep us posted.

Sincerely,
    Shar
  5. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member