Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Does fibro ever go into remission?

I have not heard of it, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience where they thought they were in remission.

Would it be hard to tell the difference between remission and when the medicines finally started to work?

2. ironspine

ironspine New Member

It does seem like I go thru remissions. I have read there are periods of time where we are not "in a flare" period. I've gone a week or 2 feeling "good", but then along comes the pain again. I think I over do it when I feel good, then pay for it. I have 2 kids under 14 so I have to be active. Summers are my best times, with being in the sun more, and getting more exercize. Anytime there is cold or airconditioning it REALLY bothers me!
    I do take Lyrica, 200mg a day, regularly, but even so, there is a period of time when I am better, and then get worse.
    Good luck, Lillie!!!
  3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I worked with a woman who had fibromyalgia and didn't have symptoms for quite a long time. She and I both worked at the same very stressful company and it triggered hers to come back and triggered the beginning of mine. I know she wasn't on meds for it when she started at that company. I have lost touch with her unfortunately, so I don't know where she stands today.
  4. punkinsowner42

punkinsowner42 New Member

I can only speak for me but I've had fibro since 96 and about 2003 I feel I was in a remission for a long-ish period of time (I don't recall how long but I think it was less than a year). In the spring of '03 I was working one full time job and one part time job; I'd feel rested when I woke up (so much so that some days I'd work out in the mornings before going to work). I had less pain & fatigue and am at a loss to explain why I had a remission. I look back now on those days and sigh.

Working full time never mind full time plus isn't an option now.

I wasn't taking any medications at that time but was taking some supplements like B Complex and Magnesium. I take those now and they don't seem to do much and I am very sensitive to everything - meds., supplements, the works.